Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iflyjets4food

R.O.N. at home
Does it say somewhere that a Part 135 Director of Operations has to fly? I wonder if you had the requisite experience to become a Director of Operations, but then you lost your medical, could you still be a D.O.? Any help would be great.

No. Refer to 119.71a which covers the qualifications for DO's in 135 and 121 operations. The only requirement is that they have held such a managment position for 3 of the last 6 years or, if they are becoming a DO for the first time, that they have been a PIC doing such operations for 3 of the last six years.

Did you mis state that. If you have the necessary background, you could be a DO but not fly.....Loss of medical is not a problem if you had the experience level.

The "No" was to his first question: "Does it say somewhere that a Part 135 Director of Operations has to fly?"

Ok, so as long as I have the three years experience that I need, if I become a D.O. at some point and then lose my medical, I'll still be able to be a D.O.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I get it.

Thanks for the input.

The D.O. does not have to fly or be current in the aircraft the certificate currently operates be the D.O. does need to have a pilots certificate.

Latest resources

Back