• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

D-atis

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"D" on a jepp plate actually means "digital atis", the funny talkin' computer man. Not departure atis.

Well, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that pretty much every airline flight crew uses Atis when it is available, be it digital voice or human voice.

Cute BE200 Pilot!

Of course I can spell I am a pylot. No really, the D is for digital and NOT DEPARTURE.

Thanks

Guys and Gals

Are you asking which regionals use ACARS to get D-ATIS or are you asking if regional airlines get ATIS at all? I'm confused.

On another note, I would like to add that regional airline pilots aren't paid enough to get the ATIS.

herb said:
On another note, I would like to add that regional airline pilots aren't paid enough to get the ATIS.
That's correct. All we do is wait about thirty seconds before we check in. Eventually somebody else will check in with the current ATIS, and viola, now we know what is current without actually listening to it.

And in ATL it works like a charm, because when you check in with the current ATIS, ATL Approach will tell you what runway to expect. And at some point during the landing phase, some DAL pilot will ask for a wind check, and now you know how to set up your speed bugs.

Seriously, if I had an ACARS that could get ATIS for me, I'd use it everytime as opposed to listening and writing it down 8-10 times per day.

Justino,

After reading your skyway post, and then this...you really should fly for free, i dont think you should recieve a pay check. Just bustin your chops, but seriously, dont ever fly for free.

Latest resources

Back