Cvr

clydefastly

Randomly Specific
Total Time
4000+
I don't think this will pass. I think the Airlines would be against it because of the liability. I also think this compromises safety, if pilots know that they are being monitored, it could hinder or cloud their judgement in an emergency/ time sensative situation. Being a Pilot is stressful enough, we don't need "Big Brother" looking over our shoulder waiting to end our career at the hint of an error.

Fozzy

Total Time
I think the Congressmen and women would find many of their flights to and from DC would be delayed for various reasons when they were on board.

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
Two words: circuit breaker

Mike Jenvey

Total Time
Appropriate privacy & protection for crews is very important. However:

<<<< One word: illegal >>>>

Agreed - & extremely irresponsible/unprofessional to suggest or act otherwise.

Over in Europe, the only time you are permitted to pull the CB for the CVR is if instructed (or expected - as per company Ops Manual) to do so in order to preserve data associated with a significant safety-related incident or accident........ This may also require a tech log entry to ensure that maintenance personnel do not reset the CB whilst carrying out trouble-shooting or rectification.

rigger

Total Time
8000+
Appropriate privacy & protection for crews is very important. However:

<<<< One word: illegal >>>>

Agreed - & extremely irresponsible/unprofessional to suggest or act otherwise.

Over in Europe, the only time you are permitted to pull the CB for the CVR is if instructed (or expected - as per company Ops Manual) to do so in order to preserve data associated with a significant safety-related incident or accident........ This may also require a tech log entry to ensure that maintenance personnel do not reset the CB whilst carrying out trouble-shooting or rectification.

Of course in Europe you have to ask permission to breath...and then your taxed on how much you exhale! Thank god we are not Europe yet!!! But it's real close!!

I do also agree you should NEVER NEVER do this! ;)

whiskytangofoxt

Guesswork in a tie
Total Time
8500++
The new reality show???

skanza

Total Time
Blow me skanza....you FLOPS scab piece of crap! ALPA will never let this happen. Furthermore, we as pilots will never allow this happen!!!

Here we go with the name calling and such. It's hard to take you seriously - anyways I thought you union guys were all about staying "legal". Pulling a CVR C/B is not. Gee, that's hard place to be in now, isn't it?

Myster79

Total Time
4000+
Here we go with the name calling and such. It's hard to take you seriously - anyways I thought you union guys were all about staying "legal". Pulling a CVR C/B is not. Gee, that's hard place to be in now, isn't it?
Also Skanza, When I was 121 and had an egress in CLT..... We pulled the CB! WE PULLED THE CB so the tape wouldn't be erased!... Do you know anything about aircraft??? This is the "LEGAL"! Your an embarrassment. Please stop posting idiot!

Last edited:

brokeflyer

Total Time
yeah but no one cares what you think.....

skanza

Total Time
Also Skanza, When I was 121 and had an egress in CLT..... We pulled the CB! WE PULLED THE CB so the tape wouldn't be erased!... Do you know anything about aircraft??? This is the "LEGAL"! Your an embarrassment. Please stop posting idiot!

Well, in that situation, you made the right, professional choice in my opinion. It's when people are trying to hide things by removing power to the CVR that I have a problem with.
Please keep this civil.

Myster79

Total Time
4000+
Well, in that situation, you made the right, professional choice in my opinion. It's when people are trying to hide things by removing power to the CVR that I have a problem with.
Please keep this civil.
Skanza quit kissing ASS... your an idiot!... Is that Civil???..... IDIOT!

Last edited: