• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVR for busting pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your only defense on a wrongful termination suit is that it is illegal for the company to use that CVR info. You are done.

Ding Ding.

Honestly, I don't think that CVR ERASE button does anything. Sorta like the elevator "Door Close" button. It's just there to make the operator feel better.

I could be wrong...dunno. I'd love to hear a technical explanation from somebody with real first hand knowledge elaborate on what exactly happens when you push that button.

Oops...

I stand corrected. Next time I'll read the questions...RTFQ or you guys might be pulling the tapes on me when I err again...:)

Honestly, I don't think that CVR ERASE button does anything. Sorta like the elevator "Door Close" button. It's just there to make the operator feel better.

I could be wrong...dunno. I'd love to hear a technical explanation from somebody with real first hand knowledge elaborate on what exactly happens when you push that button.

I don't have the books with me but I think it erases all but the last half hour on the models I have flown. Remember they record at least a half hour newer ones are over two.
And if you reread the reg there is nothing that prohibits your company from pulling it other then astronimical cost. But some have and some wil.l I would recommend referring to your cba or ensuring your safety dept understands it purpose. Otherwise the rubber end cap of a set of crutches fits nicely over most mics

Don't push the button! It "flags" the preceding segment of the tape as being particularly juicy, probably revealing an infraction, and worthy of a close review by the CVR Inspection Bureau. :p

The erase button by itself probably does nothing. Most aircraft require a couple of items to be done at the same time to erase. Like weight on wheels and a taxi light switch on was required on one aircraft I flew for the erase to do anything.

If you dont have any protections from a CBA I wouldnt trust any management.

'did I just hear a CB pop'?

Yeah, it says CVR.

'oh, ok, our FOM says never reset a CB unless called for in the FOM' Is that one noted?

"no"

'before starting engines checklist please'

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back