• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVG gyms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey 2, cant really give you too much info on buying a bike but there is a great bike shop in Taylor Mill called Soul Ride. I've used them for repairs and tune ups before, very fair price wise, not really sure if he sells new bikes or not. Its owed by a husband and wife team that used to work at Comair, he used to work the ramp and she was a gate agent, very nice people. If your looking for trails I've ridden up at East Fork State Park, little bit of a drive as I live in Covington. Theres also some decent trails over in Burlington. Not sure the name of the park but its across the street from the Boone County Fairgrounds. Theres a bunch of soccer fields and stuff, just go all the way to the back and you'll find the bike trails. Hope that helps some.

It definiitely helps, thankx a bunch.

I'll have to drop by.

Anyone familiar with Montgomery Cyclery? Here's their link

Looks like they might be a good place to check out too.

turning2 said:
It definiitely helps, thankx a bunch.

I'll have to drop by.

Anyone familiar with Montgomery Cyclery? Here's their link

Looks like they might be a good place to check out too.

Hey,

I was just in the market for 2 new bikes and I did a lot of looking around. I bought mine off of ebay and got a good deal on a Trek 6500. I got my wife a Trek 4500 from Oakley Cycle, near Hyde Park, which is just east of Cincinatti. It's a nice small shop with descent prices and great people. Tune ups are free for the first 2 years and they will give you 10% off all accesories if you buy a bike.

I tried to buy a bike from Montgomery Cyclery, as they were a little cheaper, but I couldn't stand the bastards. They also refused to give me the 10 percent off accesories. This really helped with my roof rack for my car.

Later.

Yeah said:
I got my wife a Trek 4500 from Oakley Cycle, near Hyde Park, which is just east of Cincinatti. It's a nice small shop with descent prices and great people. Tune ups are free for the first 2 years and they will give you 10% off all accesories if you buy a bike.

I tried to buy a bike from Montgomery Cyclery, as they were a little cheaper, but I couldn't stand the bastards. They also refused to give me the 10 percent off accesories. This really helped with my roof rack for my car.

Later.

Thanks for the tips. I'll have to drop by Oakley too. Were each of the Montgomery locations (they seem to have a few) pricks? Or was it a specific store that I should stay away from? PM if you prefer.

turning2 said:
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to drop by Oakley too. Were each of the Montgomery locations (they seem to have a few) pricks? Or was it a specific store that I should stay away from? PM if you prefer.

I went to three different Montgomery locations and they were all about the same (Erlanger, Montgomery,Beechmont). They are good for selection but that is about it. They seem to just want to sell you a bike and get you out of there. When my wife bought her bike at Oakley she got two on one attention for atleast an hour. Being new to the sport this was important to her. I would (and I did) just use Montgomery for thier selection then go over to Oakley to buy the bike. They might have to order since thier selection isn't the best. Let me know if I can help.

Latest resources

Back