CVG gyms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turning2

The time has come... too much sitting around and not enough exercise.

Currently living/based in CVG, just wondering where the rest of you are working out. Any suggestions? Preferably on the Kentucky side.

Furthermore, it would probably be a good idea for me to at least start with a personal trainer (read: therefore no excuse to not work out) until I at least get back into a routine. Can anyone recommend someone?

I really hate the treadmill thing, I've always preferred to play b-ball, hockey, soccer or rollerblade for cardio. Being new to town and not knowing many people I'm at a loss for places to go. Suggestions/ideas are definitely appreciated. PM if you prefer.

Supreme Fitness at Turfway & Hwy. 42 used to have a $99/year membership plan. Pretty good gym. I don't know about the availability of personal trainers.

I go to Gold's Gym in Erlanger. Very nice gym, much better than Supreme Fitness. However it is more $. If you work em over you can get a deal for $30/mo. with the first 3 months free. Plenty of trainers on staff. Not sure what the price is for that. Also you get a travel card which gets you into any Gold's Gym. I have used it on a number of our overnights. They are supposed to stamp your card, and limit you to 20 visits a year outside of your home gym, but they never do. PM me if you have any questions.

I use Moore's Fitness. There is one in Northern KY. I used it once/twice when on productivity breaks in CVG. I use the Forest Fair facility regularly and have used one in DAY.

Their executive package is expensive, short-term, but after renewing twice for three year periods at one dollar per renewal, it's a good deal. You can (I believe!) still purchase a stamp for visits to other clubs with reciprocal agreements.

Good luck...fly safe!

I used to work out at Fitworks on mall road and 18 in Florence, KY. They have some other gyms around the area too. I thought the gym was pretty decent. It was 25$/mo with the Comair discount.

If you're out of shape I'd suggest going out and run/walk every other day and do some situps and pushups for at least a couple months before you dive into the trainer thing. Getting used to physical activity in your daily routine takes a while, but is the most important aspect of getting back into shape.

I would say try Better Bodies N. Kentucky there off the freeway.......they have a comair deal for about $32 a month and of all the other gyms mentioned here, I believe they have the newest facility..........which also means some very nice "eye candy"...........

Put my vote in for Better Bodies. Nice facilities, but the gymnasium was the deciding factor for me. Two basketball courts and regular leagues for both volleyball and basketball make it great for someone who can't stand just running on a treadmill. Personal trainers are available, however I don't have any experience with them. You'll see the place on the west side of 75 by the Buttermilk exit.

Thankx everyone.

I really appreciate all the feedback.

Think the deciding factor will probably be the gymnasium at Better Bodies. A new facility and eye candy are just added bonuses ;)

Seriously considered Gold's, great for on the road... but once I get into a routine the hotel gyms will be sufficient. Nevertheless, I'm still going to drop in and check them both out... fitworks too.

As for my current fitness level... I'm not nearly as bad as my avatar. 6' and 170... just need to tone up and develop more energy. I do walk whenever I get the chance and I've always been fairly disciplined with what I eat. Basically just feel that I need to be doing something when I'm sitting in CVG.

Re: Thankx everyone.

turning2 said:
I really appreciate all the feedback.

Think the deciding factor will probably be the gymnasium at Better Bodies. A new facility and eye candy are just added bonuses ;)

Seriously considered Gold's, great for on the road... but once I get into a routine the hotel gyms will be sufficient. Nevertheless, I'm still going to drop in and check them both out... fitworks too.

As for my current fitness level... I'm not nearly as bad as my avatar. 6' and 170... just need to tone up and develop more energy. I do walk whenever I get the chance and I've always been fairly disciplined with what I eat. Basically just feel that I need to be doing something when I'm sitting in CVG.

Buy a mountain bike and lets go ride. A ton of good trails around N. KY.

Re: Re: Thankx everyone.

Yeah said:
Buy a mountain bike and lets go ride. A ton of good trails around N. KY.

No doubt??!!

I'm game. Grew up in the northwest.. been awhile since I've been trail riding. Never even thought of it around here to be honest.

Any ideas on where to grab a bike round here?

Latest resources

Back