• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVG Concourse C to close January 2009

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where do you get Orange Chicken at C? Did I miss something?

I don't know about chicken, but those lav's in C were some of the coziest i've run into in all airports. Will miss my 15 minutes of me and USA time in the mornings. Oh well.

...I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2 Continental express gates get moved to terminal 2 and DCI get those gates also...(but that part is just my guess).

It'll be a tight squeeze over in T2 if they do that....barely enough room there as it is sometimes

I don't know about chicken, but those lav's in C were some of the coziest i've run into in all airports. Will miss my 15 minutes of me and USA time in the mornings. Oh well.

I loved the crappers in C. I spent much time over there while on ready reserve. Nothing like grabbing some lunch and then spending 20 minutes in the can with a newspaper...... until the pager goes off that is.

I went to QDoba today and I shed a tear as I walked away with my burrito. I asked the girl if they were going to move to A or B and she said they're shutting it down. She said at some point HMS Host was going to try and merge QDoba and 360 Burrito but now that's not apparently the case. Get it while you can. Pretty soon it'll be back to run of the mill Micky D's, Panda Poo, and Quizblows.

I won't missing waiting for a bus, but losing Qdoba, Subway and free wireless hurts.

All the more reason I'll never be based in CVG again...

I won't missing waiting for a bus, but losing Qdoba, Subway and free wireless hurts.

All the more reason I'll never be based in CVG again...

Yeah, JFK is such a crown jewel of customer and employee comfort. :erm:

Yeah, JFK is such a crown jewel of customer and employee comfort. :erm:

True, but I like it fine. I forgot to add CVG is a horrible, horrible commute (for me).

Heard , second hand, that SB at Comair said that the company had just purchased $6 million in new buses and TSA approved routes so that Concourse A and B could be bypassed and passengers could go straight to "C" from Terminal 3. I think this was around the late July time frame.

DB at DCI told Comair that the lost money was negligible in the greater scheme which is to be the future.

The lost money on the buses and all the money fronted to FSI for the 70/90 training, which will now be lost on unused sim time, will just have to sucked up by Comair.

I'm going to interject some random thoughts into this thread. I'm assuming Comair's flight operations will finally get to move out of their trailer park...though I suspect the trailer park mentality will persist.

This is really not worth reading, so feel free to skip the rest.

1. Whoever purchased or leased the new shuttle busses is a moron who probably doesn't have to ride on them. It'll be good to see them go...preferably before we start seeing injuries from dragging 80 lbs. of overnight bags and flight cases up and down four feet of steps.

2. SB either talks too much, or too many people use him as a starting point for the rumours they make up. If 10% of what has been attributed to his statements came true, there might be a shred of credibility there.

3. Subway will be missed...greatly. Expect health insurance costs to rise more rapidly in the future as we struggle to find anything with any nutritional value whatsoever to eat.

4. It's going to suck looking for a parking spot somewhere around terminal 3. Short term terminal 1 was almost never a problem.

5. The operation at JFK is worse than airports I've flown into in third world countries. I was in operations there recently and didn't see any rats this time, so it appears things have been improved somewhat.

6. Expect management to be back with their hands out looking for more concessions because they're "not profitable" because they have no operational control of the company.

That's all for now.

Latest resources

Back