• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVG A and C concourse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhh, the Panda was a treat. I still liked the free food from the "wheel of death" outside the crew room.

The wheel of death ruled.......nothing like a 3 day old sammich on a quick turn.....

The wheel of death ruled.......nothing like a 3 day old sammich on a quick turn.....

Especially when the "expired" food was being changed for "fresh" food!! It was mayhem to get that food. Great times, and healthy too.

CVG is too nice of an airport, and way to passenger convenient, not to have somebody start service there.....

And although not the mecca of nice weather, delays there seem much less than say Atlanta, NYC, ORD etc... They don't get nearly as many summertime Tstorms as Atlanta/DFW, no where near as much snow as ORD, NYC.

From a ticket counter to gate perspective, CVG is a very easy airport to navigate passenger speaking.

One real downfall of the airport is it's approximate location to downtown.. It's not remotely close, and no real transportation options besides taxi or rental car.

I'd love to see a carrier (LCC) ramp up serious service there. I know many JB pilots who would love to see a hub there someday. Cut the commute down to a drive to the airport!

Good luck CVG

DTW it about as far away from its downtown as CVG is from Cincinnati. I think the downfall was the way the board ran the airport. Delta roped them into exclusivity deals and the board charged high fees. So the LCC's took up shop over in IND and DAY.

Latest resources

Back