• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cutting in Line

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a fun, and true story: Paraphrazed and shortened (I don't have a photographic memory)

Long lines in CMH for early show. My crew cut's to front of line. Captain and FA are through in about 30 seconds.

Older "gentleman" who we cut in front of says to me in a rude tone, "You guy's need to get here earlier so you can wait in line like the rest of us!!!"

I ignore him.

He pushes his bags against mine to let me know that he was talking to me. I ignore him somemore, waiting for the TSA to start the X-ray again. "Did you hear me?" he says.

I've had it. "Look, what do you travel, once twice a year. This is my life every day. 10 to 15 hours of being at the airport with people like you. I will not stand in line for thirty minutes to make you happier." I noticed at this point he had on a cardnials hat. "By the way, I'm flying your plane, do you think it is a good idea to upset me."

He calls me some obcene thing or another.

I get through security, tell TSA that the gentleman behind me made a harrassing statement to me, and asked if he would make sure that he and his wife get a thorough screening.

He didn't make the flight

Pilots need to go through security because some "employee" not crew took a gun onto a PSA 146, and shot the pilots back in the 80s. So now the pilots get screened but not the ramp crew, who caused the problem in the first place. By the way we WORK at the airport, we are different from the rest of the people in line. They get an x-mass bonus i get to skip the line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back