Cut off age for fractionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone have the skinny on this?

Just curious at present, weighing my options as of now, present employer is mulling over out sourcing our gig, about 60% of our flying is charter and company utilization seems to be dropping every year.

Can’t say I blame him, we’ve got some rather pricey birds that cost money just sitting around the patch.

Anyway the ride was nice while it lasted and no hard feelings its time to move on to another pasture.

Bumping 50…
Weasel
:cool:

If you can hold a Class 1, you're O.K.!

Weasel, I've been here at Netjets for 5 years. The company could care
less about age. We have gobs of 50 year old drivers here, and quite a
few pilots pushing 60+. If you can hold on to your class 1 medical, you'll
be just fine.
I know of two guys here that lost their medicals. The company literally
CREATED ground jobs for them while the FAA medical branch paperwork
crunched through the system, and kept them employed on non flight
status for over 3 years until they got released for flight duty again!
If you're a team player, the company will really stand by you at NJA.
Netjets is far from perfect, but they at least attempt to take care of their
pilots. You can also bid into ground instructor slots, or management
positions such as P.M., as the jobs become available. You do have
excellent long term employment options here.

Last edited:
Thanks partner,

Info is much appreciated!

It seems as though Net Jets is the way to go. The more I read, snoop and hear about them the closer I come to round filing any thought of applying to the other fractional ops.

I’ve got a couple of other questions about Net Jets if I may pick your brain.

I’ve read articles and other references to Executive Jets this is Net Jets right?

Also I’ve read about EJI and EJM, the international and management ops are they Net Jets as well or separate companies?

How about equipment selection are you offered a choice, do they pipe you into jets as the personnel needs arise, does everyone start out in an entry level jet or do they give preference to experience in a particular type that you may already possess?

I’m more or less curious about these things just to get to know the company a bit better, if the op is right and they treat the employees good everything else is just fluff as far as I’m concerned. But I did see a photo of an EJ G-IV and it got the ole cogs a spinning.

Weasel

ExecJet is Netjets..changed the name a month or so ago. EJI and EJM are part of the netjets family, but different. Different seniority numbers and EJI has the gulfstreams.

If you go to Eji...its a gulfstream. If you go to netjets, the interviewers will right down on your resume what a/c they think you are good for. If the write "any", then they will offer what is available. You pick. If they put a specific a/c or a couple a/c, then that is what your offered.

Proir types, may get you that same a/c if we operate it, or it may not...hard to tell. It is usually whatever a/c they need people in.

If you want the gulfstream...you will have to go to EJI...non union, if that even matters to you, but i hear starting pay there is around 60k.

1900cpt

I'll try....

TheFlyingWeasel said:
Thanks partner,

Info is much appreciated!

It seems as though Net Jets is the way to go. The more I read, snoop and hear about them the closer I come to round filing any thought of applying to the other fractional ops.

I?ve got a couple of other questions about Net Jets if I may pick your brain.

I?ve read articles and other references to Executive Jets this is Net Jets
right?

We're all Netjets now.

Also I?ve read about EJI and EJM, the international and management ops are they Net Jets as well or separate companies?

EJM does crew leasing and charter, EJI is Gulfstreams only,
EJA does bacically straight fractionals.

How about equipment selection are you offered a choice, do they pipe you into jets as the personnel needs arise, does everyone start out in an entry level jet or do they give preference to experience in a particular type that you may already possess?

If you want to fly the "G" apply to EJI seperately. If you apply to Netjets,
you may be given a choice, maybe not. Usually guys with your time tend
to go into the larger airframes here, but it's all based on what the
company needs at the moment, and sim availability. Most new hire
high time guys here seem to be pretty happy either way.

I?m more or less curious about these things just to get to know the company a bit better, if the op is right and they treat the employees good everything else is just fluff as far as I?m concerned. But I did see a photo of an EJ G-IV and it got the ole cogs a spinning.

The G IV / V guys make a little more than the EJA / EJM divisions. (for now)

The EJA division is the only one that is union, has the best schedules,
work rules, and runs the Boeing BBJs.

One more thing, apply NOW. The hiring backlog is already at ONE YEAR,
and increasing quickly. Good luck to you.

Weasel

Guys thanks again,

Resume will be inbound forthwith.

Another question on the resume thing, any brownie points for hand delivery, or is that even an option?
I’ve got the sky miles to burn and a trip to Columbus would not be out of the question.

Also, I’ve seen posts here about Net Jets doing “on-local” recruiting ops, are any planned anytime soon (I would guess not if the backlog is a year, but can’t hurt to ask).

Thanks again fellas.
Weasel

Here's what I would do....

1. Send in a resume TODAY to both Netjets, and EJI.

2. Get a sponsor (Netjets pilot / staff) to hand carry a resume in with
a letter of reference.

3. Follow up once a month or so by phone or email.

I have seen several people short cut the "line" by doing this.

Right now, if don't have an internal LOR at Netjets, I think you
may be in for a long wait.

I would also call FSI at ICT and LGB and ask if the company is planning
any more "cattle call" interviews in the near future. They used to do
several a year.

My brother the "mud Marine" I thought the flight times looked familiar but the proud to have served glad to be out was the clincher. I'll give you a call later in the week for updates.

Boy's and girl's this man is the best Captain EJA/Netjets has you'd better be nice to him.

talk to you later,

Your furloughed Army Brother

Latest resources

Back