• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Current Skywest base senority?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SLC,DEN,COS,FAT,ORD all are ging to newhires. TUS is about 3 months, SBA/PSP/SMF are about 1-2 years. For the RJ

I have no doubt this has been addressed before, so I apologize for being too lazy to search this one out. Does SkyWest plan on keeping the turboprops? Or do they plan on going all jet someday? Also, if one got hired into the rj, and wanted the EMB, how long before you could change? Thanks in advance for any answers/help.

PlanetK

They're keeping them, at least until their leases run out (2013-ish). They go to too many places on their own dime that the RJ cannot go/is not cost-effective for. You are seat locked for one year regardless of what aircraft you are assigned. And for the previous poster, SAN is still pretty senior. Not many people are waiting to get in right now, but nobody's really moving out yet.

They can and do remove the seat lock before 12 months...FYI. So it is possible to transition quicker.

See y'all on the 4th!!

W

Recent EMB 120 guys, what bases did you get assigned? I have heard a lot about FAT and PSP. Anyone get anything other than those two? If so, how high were you in seniority in your ground school class?

I have also heard a hard case flight kit is somewhat difficult in the Bro because of the size of the flight deck. Any comments?

Thanks.

Jay79 said:
Recent EMB 120 guys, what bases did you get assigned? I have heard a lot about FAT and PSP. Anyone get anything other than those two? If so, how high were you in seniority in your ground school class?

I have also heard a hard case flight kit is somewhat difficult in the Bro because of the size of the flight deck. Any comments?

Thanks.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=78497&highlight=skywest+bases+junior

For a flight bag, I got the Lightspeed Aviation $20 super soft sided bag from Marv Golden. They give you the bag free for buying LS headsets, but I'm a baller on a budget and can't afford them.

Most Senior to Junior...

EMB - FO's

SFO - Reserve
Sacramento, California
Portland, Oregon
Denver, Colorado
San Diego, California
San Luis Obispo, California
LAX - Reserve
Monterey, California
Santa Barbara , California
Salt Lake City, Utah