• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Current or Former EMB-120 Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am curious to know your thoughts of the EMB-120 and if there are any tips you may have to offer since it looks like we are getting them in the near future.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
B190Captain said:
I am curious to know your thoughts of the EMB-120 and if there are any tips you may have to offer since it looks like we are getting them in the near future.

Thanks in Advance.
Good luck, God speed.......enjoy those V1 cuts, auto-transfers, and flap faults.

It's a fast and powerful plane, but it has some BIZARRE quirks. If your not careful it will have your a$$ for breakfast.

B190Captain said:

Thanks in Advance.

Beware the prop....I never fully trusted it. It's the only thing that has killed people here at ASA. Good stick/rudder airplane, if you can fly the Brasilia well-you can fly period. It will keep you on your toes. Who do you work for? Are you getting some of ASA's from Hot Springs? Have fun, it's a hot rod.

Its best to think of the power levers and rudder trim as a single, malfunctioning unit: they should be tied together, but you'll have to adjust each individually.

Don't pull all the power off to land unless you're light, try to set about 10-12% torque for zero thrust and milk it. I used to land with one hand on the yoke and one on the trim wheel.

Get a good set of noise cancelling headsets (I recommend Bose).

Learn to love the voice that follows each triple-chime.

Great airplane. It blows the doors off any other turboprop out there except the Q400 and 250 to the marker is no problem...

Last edited:
Keep the speed up when in the ice and wx (170+) until on final and you will be allright. Lots of power and fun to fly!! enjoy.

While I don't recommend this practice to anyone, pulling only the left engine back on a rapid descent will keep the ball centered thus releiving you from having to crank 3 turns of the rudder trim everytine you get a descent in the terminal area. Again I don't recommend this. Fond memories of that plane.

IAHERJ

Know that if you have an EEC fail-fixed on the T/O roll that you will have to turn the EEC's off in order to perform an abort if you choose to do so. Theoretically you don't have to turn both off but reverse will be assymetrical. Also it's just easier to turn off both than sort it out. If you fail to turn off the effected EEC retarding the power lever will not depower that engine. The TQ motor will remain locked and the FF stays the same. Some folks will disagree and say they aborted successfully without touching the switches. However they did not have a fail fixed type failure. If the entire EEC fails then the power lever will function normally.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back