• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Current 737 Type Rating Costs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your goal is to get a job at SWA I would say go to HP. I had a job offer before I got my type at HP. We had 7 people in class with 2 of us that had job offers and 5 that did not. They had someone come in from the people dept. and eventually everyone had an interview.
I will say that HP is not the only place to go and in my class at SWA we had people from a lot of diff schools. Personally I think that going to HP might help but just a LITTLE BIT.

how long ago was this? when did you do your type?

4 years ago....cost me 9 years of my life and 7000 hrs in every variant that Boeing made (and a couple they didn't) of that fluf....but I got it. Can,t imagine what the purpose of the paid for paper rating is.......

If you are trying to get hired at SW, they don't care where you got it...it's not like your rating says b-737 hp (higher power) I got mine though the guys in DEN, flight training Int'l (they may be out of business), training was done at Alteon in Dallas (they used sims in Denver, Phoenix,& LAS as well) the hp guys were there as well. We looked comfortable in shorts and t-shirts, they were wearing slacks and collared shirts, some with ties. I was the customer, they (FTI or Alteon) didn't care how I showed up!

I know, they tell you to "look professional", I already had the job, I kept my dry cleaning for the first day of class!

All the type rating schools use the same sims. If I could've done it in an NG for 8100, I may have done it, at the time the bbj type was 25k. I think the low tech 200/300 was the way to go for me because I had flown the last 10 years in glass, my scan was rusty!

I don't recommend getting the type before getting the job offer UNLESS someone else is paying for it!

Good luck,
KBB

Latest resources

Back