Current 737 Type Rating Costs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

I'm looking at getting a 737 type rating in the near future. Does anybody know of some good deals out there? Here is what I have received so far:

Aerostar, $13,500 for a 21 day program

Flight Training International, $15313 if you come alone, $9002 with a partner, 8 days long.

Higher Power Aviation, $7380

Pan Am Academy, $4995, 14 days.

For me, the cheapest price is the best..

I did mine at Pan Am in January.

$4995 plus it was about $925 in hotel bill, I did it in 13 straight days no breaks. I stayed at the Courtyard Marriot in Las Vegas free cook to order breakfast and the hotel takes you to and fro!

I understand that you are not asking for my opinion.

I have two friends that got the BBJ B737 at the Aeroservice in Miami. The training center promise them a job interview with a company as soon as they completed their type. At the end, both of them got a job flying a smaller jet overseas.

Please don’t take this in an offensive way.

Save your money, unless you have a job offer then go ahead and get it.

I understand that you are not asking for my opinion.

I have two friends that got the BBJ B737 at the Aeroservice in Miami. The training center promise them a job interview with a company as soon as they completed their type. At the end, both of them got a job flying a smaller jet overseas.

Please don’t take this in an offensive way.

Save your money, unless you have a job offer then go ahead and get it.

I would only do this "if" I had a job offer that required it. Hint hint..

I'm looking at getting a 737 type rating in the near future. Does anybody know of some good deals out there? Here is what I have received so far:

Aerostar, $13,500 for a 21 day program

Flight Training International, $15313 if you come alone, $9002 with a partner, 8 days long.

Higher Power Aviation, $7380

Pan Am Academy, $4995, 14 days.

For me, the cheapest price is the best..

If your goal is to get a job at SWA I would say go to HP. I had a job offer before I got my type at HP. We had 7 people in class with 2 of us that had job offers and 5 that did not. They had someone come in from the people dept. and eventually everyone had an interview.
I will say that HP is not the only place to go and in my class at SWA we had people from a lot of diff schools. Personally I think that going to HP might help but just a LITTLE BIT.

If your goal is to get a job at SWA I would say go to HP. I had a job offer before I got my type at HP. We had 7 people in class with 2 of us that had job offers and 5 that did not. They had someone come in from the people dept. and eventually everyone had an interview.
I will say that HP is not the only place to go and in my class at SWA we had people from a lot of diff schools. Personally I think that going to HP might help but just a LITTLE BIT.

HP does seem to be in on the SWA side of things. If I did have a job offer, I wouldn't think it matters where I got the type by then. I'll just play it by ear.

Be very careful, a 737 type rating on your certificate can be the "Kiss of Death" at companies other than SWA, especially Corporate and Charter, if you don't have actual flight time in the Guppy.

Latest resources

Back