Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scubabri

Junior Mint
Does anyone have the information to get a cuban overflight permit? I've done it before, I contacted the cuba gov directly, but I can't seem to find the fax number I used.

If anyone has the Bahamas Carib guide, I know the info is in there, but I am not near my book

I'm in the caymans now and our customer might want to get family out of the way of Emily and over cuba is the fastest way.

thanks,

sb

I did it once for a flight simulation flight, seriously. The lady on the phone seemed a bit annoyed that I was just some dumb AMERICAN kid called her to ask what the Cuban overflight rules were.

SERIOUSLY.

I've always used a handler to setup the overflight permit. Swing by the people at Island Air and they should have the contact info for you.

I get one every year I fly down there, call the Owen Roberts Tower and get one for 10 bucks. I have the giuide but you don't need it for that, PM me if all else fails.

So far after 6 trips, I never paid a dime, they seem to not care to collect.

Last time we did this (about year and half ago), the Cayman General Avaition Directorate did it for us, about 24-48 hours notice. Number is in the International Flight Manual, we had to fax them (Grand Cayman) a request for overflight and they forwarded to Castro. It was approved in a day or two, but it was good for only that zulu day for the trip overflight.

Best bet a handler; but at the time I was working for a cheap Part 91 operator and they wouldn't spend an extra nickel for a handler.

RoughAir said:
Last time we did this (about year and half ago), the Cayman General Avaition Directorate did it for us, about 24-48 hours notice. Number is in the International Flight Manual, we had to fax them (Grand Cayman) a request for overflight and they forwarded to Castro. It was approved in a day or two, but it was good for only that zulu day for the trip overflight.

Best bet a handler; but at the time I was working for a cheap Part 91 operator and they wouldn't spend an extra nickel for a handler.

Don't be so harsh on your handler, overflight can cost upwards of 300 bucks, unless you like the feel of grabbing your ankles with no KY around, stay with my suggestion.

The time that I did it directly with Cuba it was no problem, I even changed it last minute and they faxed response back within a few minutes, but for the life of me I can't find the info.

We are gonna need one in a hurry, since emily is coming and we are going to be evac'ing some family members of the owner of the aircraft.

And to make matters worse.. I got a freeking sunburn. Sheesh.

sb

I've got access to a fax machine. AOPA had the form, but I let my membership lapse... cash flow ;)

I'm trying to do all this from my hotel room. :) love being a pilot, it's way fun

sb

Latest resources

Back