• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CT's Email to ASA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMO he didn't say fecal matter, just more excuses pinning the blame on everything but not having enough pilots.

"Much of what we are hearing from crew members about the cause of our operational issues just isn't factual"... Seriously? We live with this garbage everyday and are a hell of a lot more aware of why this place is crumbling than anyone over at A-Tech but if the new crew planning software/Ouija board say we're adequately staffed then who are we to disagree?

Understaffed? Horrendously mismanaged? Both? Doesn't really matter at this point now does it?

Last edited:
NEWS FLASH CHUCK.... there were nothing but zeros in the reserve buckets before PBS. You said PBS would fix this, and reserves would only be used for sick calls. You blaming PBS for your problems will not hold water as we were clearly short staffed before its implementation.

NEWS FLASH CHUCK.... there were nothing but zeros in the reserve buckets before PBS. You said PBS would fix this, and reserves would only be used for sick calls. You blaming PBS for your problems will not hold water as we were clearly short staffed before its implementation.

We are better staffed now than prior to the PBS implementation, yet we are cancelling more flights due to lack of crew-members. You do the math. The assumption was that there would be little to no open time after the bid run, and that is far from reality.

We were able to secure an industry-leading PBS that lets a lot of people have a lot of time off. There is a happy balance somewhere, but it ain't here. I would prefer to work a little more, and keep the contract with Delta and United. (By work a little more, I mean work about the same amount as in line bidding, just being able to have more freedom with picking my days off.)

Management now has to decide if they want to try to change PBS, get rid of PBS altogether, use all of the language in the current agreement to get relief, or staff up to the new higher level required by PBS.

We are better staffed now than prior to the PBS implementation, yet we are cancelling more flights due to lack of crew-members. You do the math. The assumption was that there would be little to no open time after the bid run, and that is far from reality.

We were able to secure an industry-leading PBS that lets a lot of people have a lot of time off. There is a happy balance somewhere, but it ain't here. I would prefer to work a little more, and keep the contract with Delta and United. (By work a little more, I mean work about the same amount as in line bidding, just being able to have more freedom with picking my days off.)

Management now has to decide if they want to try to change PBS, get rid of PBS altogether, use all of the language in the current agreement to get relief, or staff up to the new higher level required by PBS.
Spoken like a true company man. If you are so worried about having too much time off, then pick up some of the open time they are complaining about.

Spoken like a true company man. If you are so worried about having too much time off, then pick up some of the open time they are complaining about.

Spoken like a true idiot that doesn't understand how a company works. We will get more time off than any of us want if we go out of business. I want time off, and more than I get right now, but there is a happy balance out there guys.

I KNEW IT! The damn pilots rushed into this pbs system, shoved it down the companies throat without any chance to study or practice with it and didn't give the poor old company time to figure out the loop holes they could exploit and now look at all the trouble those lazy, greedy, go for nothing low life pilots have caused.............wait, what?

Spoken like a true idiot that doesn't understand how a company works. We will get more time off than any of us want if we go out of business. I want time off, and more than I get right now, but there is a happy balance out there guys.

There are clearly more variables here than ASA's version of PBS.

Given the environment -a JCBA between two labor groups and 'One Super Regional' that is under construction- what would you like to see different with ASA's PBS?

Trying to compare some numbers I had from 2010.. it's harder to see exactly what we've got now that we're bidding in PBS though I can only see my plane and position.. I need some numbers

Number of lines + Reserve lines for:

Cr7 CA ATL
Cr7 CA DTW

Cr7 FO ATL: 200
Cr7 FO DTW

Crj CA ATL
Crj CA IAD

Crj FO ATL
Crj FO IAD

I'm interested in these numbers because it seems more useful to count pilots actively flying - i.e. awarded either a line or reserve. My numbers from last year exclude all pilots on leave, IPs, management pilots and other non flyers. Anyone care to help me out? PM me if you want.

Last edited:
There are clearly more variables here than ASA's version of PBS.

Given the environment -a JCBA between two labor groups and 'One Super Regional' that is under construction- what would you like to see different with ASA's PBS?

I don't think it matters what we want at ASA. XJT isn't going to vote PBS in.

Trying to compare some numbers I had from 2010.. it's harder to see exactly what we've got now that we're bidding in PBS though I can only see my plane and position.. I need some numbers

Number of lines + Reserve lines for:

Cr7 CA ATL
Cr7 CA DTW

Cr7 FO ATL
Cr7 FO DTW

Crj CA ATL
Crj CA IAD

Crj FO ATL
Crj FO IAD

I'm interested in these numbers because it seems more useful to count pilots actively flying - i.e. awarded either a line or reserve. My numbers from last year exclude all pilots on leave, IPs, management pilots and other non flyers. Anyone care to help me out? PM me if you want.

Good idea. I would be interested to see how this comes out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back