Cs/nja

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sandyPAN

I need help. I have itnterviews coming up at both places. A week ago it was a no brainer but now I'm not sure. CS does not pay for health care, or crew meals, you only get 1 week vacation for 5 years and they don"t have sick days. You also have to go to training on your days off. Starting pay is 35k and upgrade is about a year starting at 64k, and no Union.
NJA starts at 39k if the contract gets signed but I think upgrade will be very long now and 5 yr pay for FO is only 47k.

What do you folks think?
Do you think CS will follow?

It depends where you live.. YOU DO NOT WANT TO COMMUTE!! Been there ,done that!! If fortunate enough to be offered a job with both I'd go with Citation Shares IF AND ONLY IF they have a pilot base where you live!! You will see a much faster upgrade there too.. If however, you live where CS doesn't have a base I'd go with Netjets since you can pretty much be based anywhere now. Good luck to you! Oh did I mention that COMMUTING SUCKS!!

Come to Netjets. I just read on our in-house message board that we're gettin' 119 new aircraft!!!

NJA is a no-brainer. Think about all that stuff you pay for at CS and factor that into your pay at NJA. I'd be shocked if it took you 5 years to upgrade at NJA if you got hired here in the near future. If it took you that long, you would be doing something wrong.

go to NJA

Sandy,
If you don't know it yet... our Union just came to a tentative agreement with management.....
Here is a little info contained in the agreement

1st year FO guranteed base wage
Normal (7 and 7) Schedule: $39,000
Reserve (18 day) Schedule: $46,300

5th year First Officer-guaranteed base wage:
Normal (7 and 7) Schedule: $47,400
Reserve (18 day) Schedule: $56,200

1st year Captain-guaranteed base wage:
Normal (7 and 7) Schedule: $52,000
Reserve (18 day) Schedule: $62,300

5th year Captain-guaranteed base wage:
Normal (7 and 7) Schedule: $90,000
Reserve (18 day) Schedule: $106,800

10th year Captain-guaranteed base wage:
Normal (7 and 7) Schedule: $106,000
Reserve (18 day) Schedule: $125,800

NJA provides full medical, dental and vision. Also, we have a 50% match on 15% of contributed pay for the 401k.

Training is on company time.

12 sick days per year.

90% of the pilots are guaranteed a 7 and 7 schedule. The rest will be on the higher paying reserve. I'm sure that there will be no problem getting the 7 and 7 because there will be many volunteers for the reserve schedule.

We get crew food paid for during working duty days...eg.. if you are flying, they feed you. If you sit at the fbo not doing anything, you pay. But that rarely happens. You get 2 weeks vacation (equals 6 weeks because of the 7 and 7). After 5 years, you get 3 weeks (equals 9 weeks).

We have a new, GREAT Union that secured a good TA and represents us wonderfully.

With this new TA, coming to NJA is the best choice.
I probably would not have said this 3 days ago...

Last edited:
A word of caution regarding NJA. There has been no contract ratified as of yet. If you choose to come here come with open eyes and don't fall for promises thaqt many in our ranks fell for.

That said if the info that is being released now is correct you must be hired prior to ratification in order to have home basing. After ratification we haven't been told yet but if it resembles the past TA you will have to work from one of 5 or 6 places.

Good luck with your interview and decisions. Also this new contract will be for 5 years. If it sucks we will be stuck with it for quite sometime.

Sandypan

During my Jan 05 company recurrent, I asked one of the ground instructors about gorwth forcast. His numbers where to expect 2500 additional pilots over 5 years. For what its worth.
So there is no confusion. I work at NJA.
Total pilots at that time approx 1900.

Have a Happy.
infoman.

Hydrarkt,

Yes you are correct. I was useing JAN 05 numbers.
Basically I was saying take 1900 add 2500 over 5 years. Pilot group in 2010 would be 4700. Remeber these are FORECASTED numbers.

Have a Happy.
infoman

I would strongly recommend coming here to Netjets, I have always enjoyed the work..and with our new contract, life just got a whole lot better!

Latest resources

Back