• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CS announcement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just watched it and now realize than on FEB 1st I will become mediocre.

On that not I'll gladly send my union card in. If we are going to act like we are unionized we might just as well have a union.

How's that for union support OHGOON?

On that not I'll gladly send my union card in. If we are going to act like we are unionized we might just as well have a union.

How's that for union support OHGOON?

You're a trailblazer and a force to be reckoned with.

So what else is up over there? Anything new on the horizon. Rumors are buzzing all over about an upcoming announcement.

Rumblings from the FBO

What is the word on attrition? Heard the other day FO's are punching out of CS at a pretty good rate. Was told NJA picked up 7 of your FO's just recently.
That is pretty good percentage in one pop!
Many guys are getting on the Union train and getting pissed.
Management is getting annoyed with the situation. Guess they are regretting all that "best paid in the biz" talk. It is easy to talk big until it comes time to pay up. :laugh:
Was told your CEO said something to the effect, "Why is it I have to respond every time RTS farts." (Read IBB):crying: Classy. Guess he is feeling the heat.

'New-Hire' Info?

What is the word on attrition? Heard the other day FO's are punching out of CS at a pretty good rate....

I am interested in CS and would like to learn more...

1) How is the QoL? (long sits at the FBO?)
2) Is there a training contract to sign?
3) What is the monthly cost for family insurance?

Thanks!

Thanks!

1. I have not had long sits. Some have but I don't think it is every day.

2. You have to sign a note that expires after 12 months.

3. It depends. The PPO is the most expensive and it is around 400 per month for a family. The HMO is less. The PPO covers health, dental, vision and prescription drugs. It has pretty standard co-pays and deductables.

Bottom line is if you can go to NJ, then go. If not, CS is not a bad alternative. Just being truthful.

Thanks!

Sparse pretty much hit the nail on the head.
1. They have started a new unofficial policy where you sit appx 2 hours of airport standby before your first leg. Not horrible but really annoying when you are on min rest. They say it is in case the owners show up early but I have never found myself rushed with the normal 1 hour prior show time of course some guys take a little longer than others. But if the owners show up that early then they know there is a chance they will have to wait or a plane may not even be there yet.
2. Like Sparse said 1 year non pro-rated training contract with a 39 month equipment lock now.
3. Insurance is pretty standard but went up a fair amount for 08 and will probably continue to go up every year (until the cards are sent in). I would try NJ and the Flex and then come here if neither of those work out. Just my opinion.

I have been getting a lot of sit time over the last couple of months. I think that it is worse in some fleets than others.

I'm not sure if the worst was when we were supposed to go out 8 hours early or when the company forgot we were on standby at the airport recently.

2-3 hours of standby before a flight seems fairly typical lately.

Latest resources

Back