• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cross Country name tags...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ollie Gapuzzi (my great Italian friend!)

One of my buddies told a story (hearsay, I know) about how he was doing a static display at an airshow wearing a 'Heywood Jablome' nametag, only to turn around and find himself face to face with General somebody-or-another. Of course he asks the general how he is doing and the general (after scanning my buddy's nametag), says 'Just fine Captain Ja-blom [notice the silent "e"], just fine thanks!'

Too close for comfort, I'd say!

Beertini

I've used "Eaton Fuhr". A chick noticed, laughed and then said, "Why don't you think of me as your furry, little friend." I never wore another after that. :D

mmase7 said:
harry Paratestes

ROFLMAO!!!

I gotta use that one.

On a more serious note...what exactly is a cross country name tag?
Pardon my ignorance.

In the training command or fighter squadrons where you sometimes get to fly offstation for the weekend, the idea of a TDY nametag is since nobody knows your name anyway you can have a little fun as people either catch (or don't) your new name. I was Lt. Barry Mahoginya on a few OV-10 trips, and it took all the discipline I could muster not to bust out loud when some base ops or support person tried to pronounce the last name. These nametags were also fun in places like Jock Night at Mather (gone), any Friday at the Auger Inn in Randolph (completely different now) or trips to Oceana, New Orleans, or Key West.

A variation I also completely enjoyed was when everyone in the squadron had a nametag with the squadron commander's name. We had about 30 LTC Finnegans (our boss) when I was in Germany, and using his name on your X-C was squadron SOP.

These nametags were also fun in places like Jock Night at Mather (gone), any Friday at the Auger Inn in Randolph (completely different now) or trips to Oceana, New Orleans, or Key West.
Ah the good old days...

CCDiscoB said:
Ah the good old days...

Ah, do not fear nor fret... I have not doubt that the "new" Creech AFB (formerly Indian Springs) will get a "shot in the arm" as all the UAV's move in there. You can bet those Vegas gals will be running to the gate for an opportunity to rage on Friday at O'Club with the UAV Drivers. Who knows? Maybe it willl surpass even Jock Night.
And is it just me, or has the Auger gotten real lame? I don't like the "new" (well, 4-5 years old) layout, either.

Latest resources

Back