CRJ's getting grounded?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Comair had a %100 so I guess or maint was up to date..."

Comair pilots and planes were flying mechanics all over the system last night "repairing" aircraft before the first flight of the day today.

The different aircraft the mechanics were in were "repaired" first and then they were sent out into the fleet.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe this is normal operations.

Comair pilots and planes were flying mechanics all over the system last night "repairing" aircraft before the first flight of the day today.

The different aircraft the mechanics were in were "repaired" first and then they were sent out into the fleet.

Normal?....Nope!

FAA is on the prowl now, since they got their nuts cught in a vice with Soutwest. An AD came out and all carriers..I hope complied with it for the -100/200.
As posted earlier by Peter Griffin with a little editing to make it correct.

AD was written a certain way that didn't reflect on each a/c uniquness. FAA went snoopin and decided that every aircraft in the specific s/n rage has to be reinspected by a specified time today or they willl have to be grounded. That's all I'm allowed to say for now.

The deadline was 2 : 00, and all inspections have been completed, except for a couple that are being painted.

I wonder why Comair had a different deadline than asa?
The FAA snooped us on Thursday evening. We called Delta yesterday morning about it. Delta called ASA and SkyWest and told you guys to check your aircraft too, since they didn't want delays or mx cancellations. I guess the FAA hit you guys yesterday morning before Delta called. We accomplished a huge task last night and we kept a 100% copletion with our plan and are still at 100% today so far.

Last edited:
Nuttin' like dwoin yo job fif years down da road............. U can gets away wif dat only if ya gots a Gubmint job......
bouyyyyyyyy......

They rushed a few to JFK friday night, and had a couple of planes there waiting to be checked for an AD.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back