• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ's getting grounded?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The FAA was trying to be the big bullies who recently got bloody noses and black eyes, thanks guys. Some didn't pass, some did and some were allowed a few tweaks and later flew.

Heard a rumor it may have had to do with an AD for hydraulic lines that had a tendency to rub against one another...

haven't seen or heard anything official, just crew room rumor.

It was for a wiring harness connecting the IDG. There has to be a small plastic shield around the harness (otherwise they will fall out of the sky), and on certain older serial number aircraft I guess they aren't installed. Had a 23 flights cancel today last I checked due to this.

Anybody here this as well? Just got a call from a buddy said CRJ's are getting grounded at outstations? Something to do with "a protective sleeve and the IDG" Im off today just wondering if anybody has anymore detail. Sounds like the FAA is visiting everybody's MX.
It's bigger than you know!

Last edited:
FAA is on the prowl now, since they got their nuts cught in a vice with Soutwest. An AD came out and all carriers..I hope complied with it for the -100/200.
As posted earlier by Peter Griffin with a little editing to make it correct.

It was for a wiring harness connecting the IDG. There has to be a small plastic shield around the harness on certain serial number aircraft

AD was written a certain way that didn't reflect on each a/c uniquness. FAA went snoopin and decided that every aircraft in the specific s/n rage has to be reinspected by a specified time today or they willl have to be grounded. That's all I'm allowed to say for now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back