CRJ900 Pilot: Req. Only 50 Hrs Lgt Twin Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SEVEN

With only 50 hours of Light twin time and 600 hours of c152 time you can fly an airplane with slats.....cool dude. Welcome to Mesaba Airlines. Thrust levers here I come.

MESABA AIRLINES FO.

JOB OBJECTIVE:
To provide a safe, economical, and legal operation of company aircraft as a flight crew member.

SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform flight crewmember duties on an air carrier aircraft.
· Maintain company manuals with all revisions.
· Will be highly knowledgeable on the contents of the Flight Operations Manual, Pilot Operating Manual, FAR's and AIM.
· Will conform to standards set forth in company policies.
· Maintain currency in specific aircraft.
· Maintain a professional appearance and conduct in the public eye.
· Perform safety-sensitive duties under varying conditions within a precise schedule.

QUALIFICATIONS:
· 600 Total Hours (Fixed Wing)
· 50 Total Multi Engine Hours
· 100 Hours Instrument (combination aircraft and/or simulator)
· 75 Hours flown in the last 90 days
· High School Diploma (College preferred)
· FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate (AMEL) with Instrument Rating
· Current First Class Medical
· Current Passport
· FCC Radio Operators Permit
· Vision Correctable to 20/20

Hi!

I just went 2 the Pinnacle site today (3.3.07) and here are the official MINIMUMS:
HS Diploma
Class I Physical
Commerical
Multi
Inst

No hours of any sort were listed in their minimum qualifications.

cliff
YIP

With only 50 hours of Light twin time and 600 hours of c152 time you can fly an airplane with slats.....cool dude. Welcome to Mesaba Airlines. Thrust levers here I come.

MESABA AIRLINES FO.

JOB OBJECTIVE:
To provide a safe, economical, and legal operation of company aircraft as a flight crew member.

SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform flight crewmember duties on an air carrier aircraft.
· Maintain company manuals with all revisions.
· Will be highly knowledgeable on the contents of the Flight Operations Manual, Pilot Operating Manual, FAR's and AIM.
· Will conform to standards set forth in company policies.
· Maintain currency in specific aircraft.
· Maintain a professional appearance and conduct in the public eye.
· Perform safety-sensitive duties under varying conditions within a precise schedule.

QUALIFICATIONS:
· 600 Total Hours (Fixed Wing)
· 50 Total Multi Engine Hours
· 100 Hours Instrument (combination aircraft and/or simulator)
· 75 Hours flown in the last 90 days
· High School Diploma (College preferred)
· FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate (AMEL) with Instrument Rating
· Current First Class Medical
· Current Passport
· FCC Radio Operators Permit
· Vision Correctable to 20/20

Here's an interesting idea.
I have over 4500 hours of which most are in jets. I have two type ratings and over 1400 hours in CRJ's. What I don't have is 75 hours in the last 90 days. I've flown about 65 because it's been slow. I don't meet their mins and wouldn't get an interview. Not that I would ever apply.
THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A WHILE.

Here's an interesting idea.
I have over 4500 hours of which most are in jets. I have two type ratings and over 1400 hours in CRJ's. What I don't have is 75 hours in the last 90 days. I've flown about 65 because it's been slow. I don't meet their mins and wouldn't get an interview. Not that I would ever apply.
THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A WHILE.

Here's an interesting idea, they probably don't want you. You'll want to much money and would be gone before they could get their money's worth out of you. Although, I doubt they would worry about 10 hour difference in the last 90 days if you far exceed their other minimums.

I had just short of 2500 hours including about 350 turbine and a type. when I was hired there and was told by several people I was lucky to have been hired because they rarely hired anyone with as much time as I had. I had quite a bit more time than the rest of the FO's in my class, and likely I am the only one that will taking the recall....

How do you guys think all these new 900's will change upgrade time? I just prepped a 6 year Mesaba FO for a SkyWest interview. I was surprised that he still wanted to move on with the new growth planes coming online, but he seemed pretty confident that however Mesaba grows they'll completely screw over the pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back