• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ700 Series 701/705

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I actually had a USAir mainline Jumpseater ask, "This airplane has no autothrottles?!?" (referring to the 701) "That ought to be a safety issue!!"

What a tool.

After flying the avro for just a few months and going back to a no auto throttle airplane that UsAir guy is right. It is a safety issue.

At Mesaba you could always tell the captains that came from being an f/o on the Avro. They would always forget to add power after leveling off from a descent.

I'll remember what you said about the 900 performing similar to the -200 when I pass you at FL370 at .83 mach. (Gotta watch that RVSM crap)

The 900 seats 86, has the option of a rear galley/rear galley door. Front and Aft Lavs. Large closet for pilot junk. There are no operational differences between the 700 and 900, although the 900 lands at a much higher pitch attitude. The biggest difference from the 700 to the 900 is the 20' fuselage plug fore of the wing.

And I can tell you these things as fact about the 900 because no one else owns or operates them. We have 38.

Ace McCoy said:
After flying the avro for just a few months and going back to a no auto throttle airplane that UsAir guy is right. It is a safety issue.

It is not a safety issue it is a situational awareness issue. Apparently they had none.

bitememesa said:
I'll remember what you said about the 900 performing similar to the -200 when I pass you at FL370 at .83 mach. (Gotta watch that RVSM crap)

control yourself young padawan you are turning to the dark (JO) side.

the light is the 700, the mac daddy of CRJ's.
:p

not to brag, but some people can take the airplane SAFELY above 370. i remember someone at mesa setting the shaker off in a 900 while climbing high. now who might that be?

what is the range of the -700, -900? also what are some of the longest legs you fly?

some long 700 routes i'm aware of:
ORD-NAS
DFW-BUF
DFW-NAS
XNA-LAX
IAD-AUS

the 700 is right around 2000nm range (1947 for the ER)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back