CRJ Type Rating, Where can I get one?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
generaltso said:
I've gotten gouges from several majors (straight from the horses mouth).

Generaltso,

From what I can tell, you haven't interviewed at any airline, regional or major. Many of the people here(myself included) have interviewed at one, the other, or both. They are giving you real life experiences, you shouldn't discount them until you've been there just because you can go willfly4food or aviationinterviews.com or whatever. Interviewers control the interview wherever you go, major or regional. For example when I interviewed at a regional, I got asked a few questions on the 727. While I did have some sim time in it, I didn't have a type in the plane, and had never been through ground school on it. Nevertheless, I was asked why the aircraft is more difficult to land than many other airplanes. I will say that for the most part, major airline interviews adhere to more structured "scripts," than some regionals, but their still can be quite a bit of variance. The major carrier I'm furloughed from, has a pretty standardized interview process, but when we were interviewing I heard we had something like 250 interview captains. They all see things a little differently and that can show in their questions. If you read the gouge for my airline, it says our process has been changed and that their are no more technical questions on aircraft you've flown-they're only supposed to ask questions from the ATP, FE, Aviation Weather books, etc. They still get around that though. In my interview, they asked me a bunch of "tell me about a time when," stories, and used some of the followup questions to see how well I knew my aircraft systems, memory items, limitations, etc. Bottom line is anything aircraft you have ever been around is fair game in an interview, and while you should know your current airplane the best, it isn't a bad idea to look through your logbook and jog your memory on past airplanes.

Latest resources

Back