• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ Sinus Problems?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJ Flightdecks are rarely cleaned. Just look around and you'll see layers of dead skin on the main console as well as underneath the seats. The vents are clogged with the stuff. My $.02

Panda said:
CRJ Flightdecks are rarely cleaned. Just look around and you'll see layers of dead skin on the main console as well as underneath the seats.

I think you just caused me to have some sort of neurosis now.

I've got severe allergies, used to take claratin-d, but I switched to flonase and its as if I've been cured!! I used to wake up congested ever morning from dust mites on the matrees, but since flonase I've never had a problem. (and no I dont work for them!)

I didn't know the main console had skin and let alone that it could also die...now I feel kinda bad about puttin' my shoes on in all the time...

dash8driver said:
just wait til you find the boogers and dingleberrys under the seats and smeared on the yoke/throttle.

Used to have that problem on the Dorniers, but not so much on the CRJ now. Ever since the J4J guys got here, it seems to have cleared itself up.:D

I've never found myself getting allergy-type reactions while flying. But, my skin gets terribly dried out (particularly in winter), and I've found that at the end of a four-day trip, I've broken out pretty bad.

As one who needs a shower to get going in the morning, I've also started taking one right when arriving at the hotel to get rid of the "airplane funk." Yuck.

Nope....................dry skin, though. Sinuses are actually better now than before. Go figure. May have more to do with the fact that we moved shortly after transition to the RJ than anything. Out of an environment that didn't appeal to me to one that does (from an allergy standpoint).

AF :cool:

There are filters on the left side (inside left wall behind CA's seat). They can be cleaned and makes a world of difference. I was at aca/indy and saw it several times.The mechs told us about it, and said it wasnt a mx feature so it didnt get done when needed, only when they had to remove for other fixes. Hope this helps. Also helps greatly with flow in cockpit from pack.

Latest resources

Back