Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wms

billSquared
Has anyone developed sinus problems since starting to fly the CRJ? I've never had allergies until now, and they get worse when I'm on a heavy schedule.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, absolutely. Don't know if it's the airplane or the region I'm in. Either way it's miserable.

Add me to the list. First thing I do when I get home after a long trip is take a cold beer into the shower and soak my head in some steam. That seems to help. Also when on an overnight take the icebucket and fill it with water, hang a wash cloth over the edge and set the bucket on the A/C unit. It will act like a cheap humidifier. If that does'nt work try some saline nasal spray.

Yup... me too. Flown all sorts of Lears, old and new, plus the 727 and NEVER had problems like I do in the CRJ. I get completely stuffy and stopped up by the end of day 1, my crews ask me if I'm sick 'cause I'm sniffling.

The doctor put me on prescription Tavist and Tavist-D, but I don't like taking them. I might try the humidifier trick...

Its due to the cabin pressurization not being able to keep up with the extremely high climb rates above 18,000. :rolleyes:

rausda27 said:
Its due to the cabin pressurization not being able to keep up with the extremely high climb rates above 18,000. :rolleyes:

LOL. Yeah, 500 fpm as long as you aren't heavy.

They're probably full of exhallation sludge which clogs up the ducting. Nasty gunk that gets deposited when people sneeze, cough or generally breathe air and exhale it after it swirls around inside their fat bodies. And to top it all off, do you think the third-world airline you work for actually changes or cleans the pack fittings and such? I know my airline can't even keep their bicycles operating.

Something to think about...

Have you ever seen the outflow valves on a jet back when smoking was permitted?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back