• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ: Out of Production-Boyd

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a shame that the CRJ is going out of production. It's still a cool looking jet and I hope to fly one soon.

On Your Six said:
Let's just face it, the CRJ/ERJ is a crappy aircraft from both an economics perspective and a passenger comfort perspective (nice bins and ultra-low, neck pain-inducing windows in the CRJ). Even though fares are low because of competition, passengers expect more in terms of comfort and quality and many business passenger willingly pay more to avoid cramped RJs. The E170/E190 completely obliterates the CRJ/ERJ in terms of comfort and economics.

Airlines that rely upon either the CRJ or ERJ are destined to have serious problems if more comfortable and economic alternatives (like the E170) become more widely flown. That's just the way it is... These RJs will only do well if they are placed on non-LCC competitive routes and they feed a hub where higher fares can be justified (e.g., service from Salt Lake to Pasco or ATL to Newburgh). Placing them in service up against E170s or LCCs (e.g., AirTran 717s) would not be sensible if the airlines want to keep their best customers.

Has Comair finalized its order for E170s or is that still "up in the air"?

So a 717 is more comfortable than an RJ? I've ridden in back of many a 717 and 737 and the seats are not any bigger and have less leg room than a CRJ. The seat pitch on a CRJ is higher than both.

Granted the window placement sucks on a CR2 and there is more head room but, I've been less comfortable in the B$tch seat of a 717 or 737 than a aisle or window of a RJ.

What and idiot I am! For a second I actually thought that if we all showed a little unity we may be able to take advantage of the increasing size of the a/c we're flying and demand more money. Hah, silly brain.

FDJ2 said:
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Lucida] As we pointed out at our recent Forecast Conference, look for around 200 (CRJs and ERJs) to find themselves enjoying retirement over the next three years.[/FONT]​

That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that... they're WORE THE FARK OUT, would it?? Some of these RJ's have been ridden extremely hard and put to bed very wet since the day they were delivered. They were never intended for this "level of service."

Latest resources

Back