• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ Manual Xflow issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
to further add to the service bulletin. a little birdie told me, if you shut off both engines and have the APU on then do the circuit breaker pull you will get no MDC entry. leave the engines running and pull, you get an MDC entry on the lack of fuel level indications for the brief time the cb' are pulled.

again a little birdie told me this.

me thinks the man inhibit is from FAR 25 Certification of ME Aircraft. they must be fed by their own fuel tanks, ie no crossflow allowed.

Last edited:
That is the way I remember the reason for the no auto xflow on take off too. Still no takers on any company procedures?

That is the way I remember the reason for the no auto xflow on take off too. Still no takers on any company procedures?

Our procedure is to wait 30 seconds if you happen to see the auto pump turn its self off before you select manual/off. This is part of the before takeoff check. What I've found works for me (2 years since the problem came out and I havent had an issue whatsoever doing this) is when I'm asked to start the before takeoff check I wait a few seconds (just incase the pump just shut off) before selecting manual/off. I've yet to get the caution message and I've yet to be crunched for time with completeing the checklist. I know I wont forget the pump because its the first item on our flow, therefore I can't continue the list until I've completed it.

Latest resources

Back