CRJ Manual Xflow issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beanie

Does the CRJ (might just be on the 700 and 900's and I am not talking about the center tank leak problem) still have the xflow glitch on the take off check if the auto xflow is operating and close to being done and the manual mode is selected for take off? Anyone experience this? Any kind of service bulletin or company bulletin that has procedure to correct the problem? C'mon all you engineer wannabe's, show us your RJ knowledge!!!!! Thanks is advance!

You should ALWAYS let her finish before going to manual mode.

Thanks Cop, but i was looking for a more technical answer than that. Very creative though and I will keep it in mind.

What is the problem? I've switched to manual mode many times while it was still auto cross-flowing and never had a problem. I usually try to wait, but sometimes just say "what the hell" and push the button to finish the checklist. What can I expect to happen?

There is a known hiccup with the system. If the auto xflow operating and is close to being done (50lbs above the high wing) and you select manual mode, at take off for instance, you can, not always, can, get a warning message on the EICAS for the fuel system. I don't remember what the warning is, I do remember you have to go back to the gate, it is a no go deal that won't clear itself. I don't remember all the specifics, but trying to get someone who does to fill in the blanks and give guidance on what caution message you get, if there is a technique to avoid it and so on. As much info as I can get.

There is a known hiccup with the system. If the auto xflow operating and is close to being done (50lbs above the high wing) and you select manual mode, at take off for instance, you can, not always, can, get a warning message on the EICAS for the fuel system. I don't remember what the warning is, I do remember you have to go back to the gate, it is a no go deal that won't clear itself. I don't remember all the specifics, but trying to get someone who does to fill in the blanks and give guidance on what caution message you get, if there is a technique to avoid it and so on. As much info as I can get.

Do it all the time and never seen any message or had anything else happen apart from the switch light go white.

I know, i flew them for 7 years and only had it happen once, and it was the first known one, but not the last. It is a known problem, and I have seen other operators service bulletins and procedures for it. I would like the refresher course on it. Anyone?

I haven't had this happen in over a year. It was a Xflow pump caution that you would get in that situation and was addressed (I think) in the POH's weirdass faults section. Maybe it's been fixed. The center tank leak problem is also gone.

On the 700 if you turn off the xflow (as we all know your supposed to do for takeoff) and it happens to have just switched off at the time, then you CAN get cass message (what it is I dont remember). However, it will only do this if you happen to turn the xflow OFF within 30 seconds of the autoflow shutting off on its own. Thats the only one I know about.

Latest resources

Back