CRJ 200 Experts, Please share your preflight tips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry for the cross-post!

You all should really be looking at the fabric seal between the inside of the cargo compartment and the cargo compartment door. Any rips or tears, and it is a no go item. This fabric is often ripped up by careless rampers loading bags. Not MEL-able last I heard. While your looking at the seal, check the protective lower door sill cover. If it is dented, the door may not seal correctly, leading to pressure problems.

Today, we had Mx in ATL... swapped to another aircraft that had serious MX.. swapped to another aircraft that had minor MX... left for the outstation 4 hours late. Man, the RJs are just falling apart!! Thanks, crews, for all you do to ensure the safety of the fleet.

I'm brand new here and want advice on the preflight.

For instance,

Pax door ground strap (under top step) either chaffed or cut.

**This is in no way connected to the fact that negotiations are not moving along, nor the fact that our crew bags are now needlessly denied entry into a warm, dry, and safe place.

Make sure the cockpit seatbelts do not have any fraying at all. They were designed without frays and any fraying will reduce their designed strength and effectiveness. Good luck and FLY SAFE!

Thanks for the great stuff so far everyone! Lets up the safety level even more!

Two more good ones are the Placards for the oxygen door and ADG door.

... and the DC service door! Sometimes, they're even out of stickers... or so I was told!

Just check to make sure they're not any dead/frozen boarder hoppers in the gear bay, and we're good to go.

And the flashlights, don't want find out the batteries are dead when you need them. Mtc can help you out. Be sure to check the stby a/s indicator on T/O, they sometimes get water in them and need to be serviced. Since your new you will be told how delicate the knobs are and if you jiggle them too much they could break as this plane was not made for regional flying but corporate flying. Good luck, you do a very diligent pre-flight so my family will be safe. Safety first, on-time, well hell nobody else obviously cares.

Make sure the cockpit seatbelts do not have any fraying at all. They were designed without frays and any fraying will reduce their designed strength and effectiveness. Good luck and FLY SAFE!

Make sure you're at an out-station when you do this one. They now have a document that explains the tolerance of the belts. Needs to be more than 10% of the width frayed. Easy inspection for mx in ATL, but could take a while for contract mx to inspect it at an out-station...

Mike 1:

Thank you for your concern for aviation safety.

My own pre-flights will be improved due to this post.

One more item that is often ignored or overlooked is the compass correction card. It is important that those are there.

Latest resources

Back