• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ 1000... Where?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its not going to happen. I will say it now. 70-76 is all you will get. The bottom quarter of all the major seniority list has either been furloughed or stagnated due to the outsourcing. We are not in a giving mood. Unless you are a lifer, this will benefit you.
Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Republic is flying 86 seat E175's. I know this because I fly one for them ;) !! You don't know what the future holds for our industry and your not in a position to make business decisions that would effect this situation. All you do is drive the bus like the rest of us. I am not saying that 100 + seats is guaranteed to end up at the regional level, But I will say that It would not surprise me if it does. If upper management wants to let it happen it will happen regardless of your opinion or anyone Else's. Why, because it is business ,plain and simple.!!!!!

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Republic is flying 86 seat E175's. I know this because I fly one for them ;) !! You don't know what the future holds for our industry and your not in a position to make business decisions that would effect this situation. All you do is drive the bus like the rest of us. I am not saying that 100 + seats is guaranteed to end up at the regional level, But I will say that It would not surprise me if it does. If upper management wants to let it happen it will happen regardless of your opinion or anyone Else's. Why, because it is business ,plain and simple.!!!!!

On a side note, it's another by-product of USAirways' ********************ty product that makes the E175 an 86-seat jet. The legroom in that thing is freaking HORRENDOUS. Funny how everyone else is flying around 2-cabin 175s with far more legroom even in coach... leave it to US to ******************** up a good thing.

Speaking as someone flying the 100-seater at a "quasi-major" I hope the jets stay on mainline property. You guys do realize that currently NO major's scope clause allows 100-seat jets off the reservation, right? Regardless of what "upper management wants" I don't see a single pilot group relinquishing 100-seat scope.

Who's codeshare is this allowed on? I guarantee you will not see anything over 70-76 seats at AA,CAL, or DAL. We are done outsourcing our flying. In the past they threw enough money and benefits our way to by off enough of the votes. After the destruction of our contracts post 9/11 and the ensuing transfer of flying to 50 seaters we have learned our lesson. We have seen what the transfer of wealth/career carnage the 50 seaters did and it WILL NOT happen again. Count on it. We don't give a ******************** what mgmts business plan is.

Cobraair: The CRJ-900 and E175 are both operated with 86 seats by Freedom and Republic, repspectively, under the US code.

And they will still have a higher average W2 at the end of the year then any other Regional group.
Uh-oh you guys are not going to start comparing W-2s are you?

Latest resources

Back