• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ 1000 "Stretch"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
he's right. No one took any mainline jobs. They were all given away.

I Agree!! They gave it away a long time ago. Let's see, what's the word.......oh, Yes, "SCOPE"

Every 'Legacy, MEC/ALPA' should have stated, plain and simple: "Any Jet with 51+ seats is a mainline aircraft." DC-9-10/30, F-28, BAC 1-11, and so on, ALL Mainline Aircraft.

Not sure if you can ever get back what you have "given away" but it was definitely given away.

Just my $0.02

DA

He!!, most MEC's won't even go for JB E-jet pay just to get the >70 seaters on the property. Why are we even talking about this?

Until the pilot groups wake up and realize that they are going to have to bite the bullet and WIN BACK (read "pay for") the flying they abandoned in the '80's, there's no sense in bitching about it. TC

There is no comparison between the Crj's and the Ejets... at least at B6. Our 190 has a bigger seat and the same legroom as our 320's w/o a middle seat. The window is bigger than the Crj's and the 320's so you don't have to crank your neck down to look out... also w/ the composite fuselage the sidewalls are almost vertical unlike the "tube" shape of a metal jet so the window seat has more shoulder room and head room than a jet w/ the same capacity. The only thing that's not bigger than the 320 are the overhead bins.... don't know how they match up against the crj1000 but they are bigger than the 70 seater.

Tail

Whatever....the idea is to just keep stretching it and it will miraculously get more comfortable???

My question regards the risks of a tail strike. The flight director is optimized to a pitch of around 11 degrees. With a 10 foot extension, will the landing gear be longer? How much longer of a runway will it need? Will it need slides?

It also sounds like it may be under powered and if they keep the cabin height at 6'-2'', how are the bins going to be substantially bigger?

Last edited:
Rumor has it mesa has already order approx. 17 cr10's.

DL recently announced the purchase of 30 cr900s with options for 30 more.

One could ask why the majors aren't buying the larger rj's to make the larger planes a mainline reality instead of more bitchinandwhinin about scoop, but it will be interesting to see what the pay scales look like. It will also be interesting to see what kind of payscale mgmt throws at us when we start negotiations this fall. I bet it will have something to do with a little chinese dude flying a 1000 for 10 bucks an hour.

and this is in the Majors board because.....

Because if you listen to the investor call a undisclosed buyer has firm orders for 15 with 15 options also....Can you say NWA mainline will be flying these things I guarantee it especially with the sell out wages NWA boys agreed to.

He!!, most MEC's won't even go for JB E-jet pay just to get the >70 seaters on the property. Why are we even talking about this?

Until the pilot groups wake up and realize that they are going to have to bite the bullet and WIN BACK (read "pay for") the flying they abandoned in the '80's, there's no sense in bitching about it. TC

SHACK.

I cannot count the numbers of times I heard some dou che bag at AA say "I didn't come here to fly little airplanes." Idiotic. One guy was a Fokker FO. Sheesh.

Hag

Latest resources

Back