• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crewpass result

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The passport is not required for jumpseat any longer. The passport was originally needed because some airlines could not transmit and or receive the pictures. The passport was used in lieu of a picture at the time to reconcile the passport number with the CASS approval received from your carrier for airlines that were unable the photo.

The FAA/TSA instituted a deadline that all CASS carriers had to transmit and receive pictures. Once this was implemented the passport became a non-issue as the passport information is no longer transmitted. The CSR is looking at your photo from your id on their screen. Unless that specific carrier wishes to see the passport for another form of ID the passport is redundant to the process.
Very interesting stuff...wouldn't it be great for them to communicate this stuff to those of us in CASS?

Your Jumpseat Coordinator should be communicating this information. At my carrier we also include it in our FOM as a bulletin when the changeover occurred.

What about USAPA members? I imagine the jumpseat coordinator over there is a pretty lonely job.

It's A Good Thing You Guys Are So Self Righteous That You Had To Inform The Gate Agent Of Their Job, When You Were W R O N G.

And You Wonder Why They Have So Much Contempt For Pilots.

I havent had to use my passport in sometime. Today coming out of ORD on Eagle i was asked for it. Even though i was CASS approved she still wanted to see it. I was curious, so i asked her what AA's protocol was. She stated that all gate agents were supposed to verify the passport also as a backup.

Im not complaining by any means, one would think the procedure would be the same everywhere.

It's A Good Thing You Guys Are So Self Righteous That You Had To Inform The Gate Agent Of Their Job, When You Were W R O N G.

And You Wonder Why They Have So Much Contempt For Pilots.
You must be a German; at least you capitalize words just like the Germans do (well, almost... ;))

Latest resources

Back