• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CrewPASS Now!...EVERYONE PLEASE READ!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Done....By the way, can we dispense with the union bickering and just stick to the true meaning of this thread?

From Congressman Klein:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding H.R. 2881. I appreciate hearing your concerns on this important issue and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, H.R. 2881 would authorize funding for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for fiscal years 2008 through 2011, to improve aviation safety and capacity, and provide stable funding for the national aviation system. This legislation would provide funding to address aircraft noise around large airport hubs, begin plans to modernize of our air traffic control system, and increase airport security. Further, this bill would accommodate American pilots by increasing the retirement age to 65, provided certain requirements are met, and provide collective bargaining rights to FAA employees.

In order to address growing flight delays, I introduced an amendment to this legislation that would require the Department of Transportation to investigate, subject to appropriations, consumer complaints for a broad range of issues, including flight cancellations, overbooking of flights, baggage problems, ticket refund problems, and incorrect or incomplete fare information, to help address the growing unrest among air travelers who receive unacceptable customer service. This amendment was adopted by unanimous vote.

You'll be pleased to know that I voted for the passage of H.R. 2881, which passed the House by a recorded vote of 267 to 151, and is now pending in the Senate. This legislation will make significant improvements to our aviation system and FAA employee rights. As a representative of Florida, with a booming tourism industry, please know that I will continue to fight for measures that improve air travel in the U.S.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact my office. I sincerely appreciate your input and hope that you will contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance. Additionally, I hope you'll find my website (www.klein.house.gov) a useful resource for keeping up with events in Washington and the 22nd Congressional District of Florida.

Ron Klein

Latest resources

Back