• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XSWANN@240

Watch this! hold my beer
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this situtation. And, how did you handle it?

I fly with a crew of 3 (Capt.,F/O, and F/A). I'm the F/O. Over 90% of the time I work with the same people. The Capt. and F/A are having an affair that is very apparent and confessed to me by the F/A on one trip. I don't care that they're having their fling while away from home. It just effects the working environment. For example, they have arguements like husband and wife on front of our passengers and among many other things. When on long trips like 14 days on the road its the hardest.

Maybe I should be a slam clicker?

Any inputs will be appreciated... thanks...

F/A's are Nuts...

Once a/the F/A sleeps with the Capt. then she becomes the Capt. (at least in her mind). That was told to me by a very, veteran airline Capt., well intending fellow years ago. Sage advice to this day.

Sorry, you are in a though spot.

I don't think it would help to talk to either one of them calmly about your concerns. It would then cause them to target you as the enemy....and not each other as the enemy.

I am not a slam clicker....but I think that I would not want to be anywhere they happened to be....except when I had to be at work.

Do you have the ability to change crews? This is usually not an option....but a different job is always open. Maybe one of them is not going to stay and you luck out. If not....

Good Luck.

these situations typically have a limited shelf life. be patient and let it run its course. of course you could always help things along a little---a candid video emailed to their spouses....ouch:nuts:

It's not the situation that matters, it's what you do with the proof of it's existance that counts....

XSWANN@240 said:
I fly with a crew of 3 (Capt.,F/O, and F/A). I'm the F/O. Over 90% of the time I work with the same people. The Capt. and F/A are having an affair that is very apparent and confessed to me by the F/A on one trip. I don't care that they're having their fling while away from home. It just effects the working environment. For example, they have arguements like husband and wife on front of our passengers and among many other things.

If the Capt and FA are fighting like husband and wife in front of pax, that is totally unacceptable. You need to have a private sitdown with the Capt and tell him what you see. Tell him that if you notice that behavior, then the pax do also. If he is unwilling to do anything about it, then you need to go up your chain of command and let somebody know what is going on.

XSWANN@240 said:
Maybe I should be a slam clicker?

That won't solve anything.

Archie Bunker said:
If the Capt and FA are fighting like husband and wife in front of pax, that is totally unacceptable. You need to have a private sitdown with the Capt and tell him what you see. Tell him that if you notice that behavior, then the pax do also. If he is unwilling to do anything about it, then you need to go up your chain of command and let somebody know what is going on.

whatever you do, don't follow the advise above. just keep yor powder dry. it will resolve itself.

maximizer said:
whatever you do, don't follow the advise above. just keep yor powder dry. it will resolve itself.

But what if their behavior is effecting safety of flight. Any crew member disputes can effect safety.

While I agree running and telling the boss may not be the best response, there could come a point.

I once had a crew over bootst a pair of starship engines by over 25% because they were fighting.If they had done it for 2 more seconds, it was 2 engine tear downs.

I think I would address them together. Like any other crew issue, you must verbalize it in private.

maximizer said:
these situations typically have a limited shelf life. be patient and let it run its course. of course you could always help things along a little---a candid video emailed to their spouses....ouch:nuts:

Take the advice of Maximizer...keep your nose clean and professional to ensure your job security.

These relationships hardly last and it will probably be over before you know it.

Latest resources

Back