Crew Luggage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
c141fe,
Here's a website that has the bags. http://www.luggageman.com/website/briggs/briggs.html
There's a bunch of stores that carry it. The return policy is pretty much "no questions asked", so I would buy it at a local store just in case you ever want to trade it in for a new one. I'm not sure if stores that you didn't buy it from would trade it in for you, although they might.
21" bags are pretty much the standard size if you want to fit it in an overhead. Hope this helps.

When I flew the crj, we used to have that little tiny space right behind the cockpit door to stow our bags. It was always a b*tch to get my pns/travelpro/costcospecial into it.

Now, the guys who had the hard sided samsonites just threw theirs in. It seemed to fit a whole lot easier. If I was still flying the crj I would have one. It probably carries 4 days max worth of clothes.

My vote is for the hard-sided samsonite.

bebop,

Was it the 23in or 27 in. Reason why I am asking this is going to be my first winter up north and wanted to know if the 23 in would hold everything on a 4 day including a jacket.

I did the LL Bean route. I was the same cost as the travelpro but after 2 years of dargging the thing around it needed to be replaced. I called LL Bean and said I needed a new one due to tears and a recent broken handle oops! $20 bucks in shipping it back and PRESTO! a new LL Bean rolling luggage monogrammed even for free.

L.L. Bean

Every bag I've used since high school has been an L.L. Bean...their quality and customer service are priceless!

joe

Over $200 for a bag! Three years ago I bought a roller board at K-Mart for $59.95 with a 10 year replacement warranty. Last January I took it back to the local K-mart because the bearings in the wheels were wearing out and they gave me a brand new bag without having to wait for repairs and, it has a 10 year replacement warranty. Hmm! What could I do with the extra $170 that a lot of people are willing to spend on a bag that they occasionally have to send away for repairs. Think about it. $59.95 every 10 years, plus I get a new bag every once in a while and never have to wait for repairs. I also haven't spent a lot of money.

Mickey said:
Over $200 for a bag! Three years ago I bought a roller board at K-Mart for $59.95 with a 10 year replacement warranty. Last January I took it back to the local K-mart because the bearings in the wheels were wearing out and they gave me a brand new bag without having to wait for repairs and, it has a 10 year replacement warranty. Hmm! What could I do with the extra $170 that a lot of people are willing to spend on a bag that they occasionally have to send away for repairs. Think about it. $59.95 every 10 years, plus I get a new bag every once in a while and never have to wait for repairs. I also haven't spent a lot of money.

Ahhh, a bag from China, legendary for luggage manufaturing. If you want a Yugo, fine, personally I prefer a Cadilac. It's all about quality and the ability to stand up to years of CONSTANT use and abuse. I will pay $200+ gladly for the low hassle factor of PNS bags, it's my money and I will spend it as I wish.

PNS has got my vote!

After going for Samsonite and lasting about 9 months before Delta tore it all up, yes, sorry, both of my Samsonite have been destroyed by Delta. Anyway, after that I bought a PNS bag and had it for 2 years before it needed a tune up, the foam handle went and one of the zippers was ripped up, again by Delta. I sent it in to PNS, my cost, and they said it was still under warranty, Woohoo! I got it back 2 weeks later like new. They even installed some new zipper covers the new bags are coming out with and shipped it back to me. I have the carryon size that holds enough for 2 weeks for myself and you don't have to check it because it fits in bin!

Disclaimer: Don't mean to rag on Delta but it has been my luck that my bags always got a beating on them.;)

Discount

If you guys want a corporate discount on Travel
Pro, i can probably arrange that with Marcy Shackney who is the marketing manager there.

Latest resources

Back