credit problems

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AUav8or

coming out of college i have a great deal of credit card debt, which has led to missed payments, phnoe calls etc. . . has anyone out there been affected by bad credit when it came to being hired (or not) by an outfit

I was in a similar position when I got out of college. I just married a responsible woman who paid all our bills prompty. After a few years, your credit score skyrockets. It was easy.

Terry is right--everyone knows what you make as a CFI or regional new-hire. It's pretty tough to meet your obligations for the most responsible of people. Don't sweat it.

Inconceivable said:
Don't sweat it.

Um...yeah. Don't sweat it. Ruin your credit. Don't pay your bills - all of the responsible ones in the world will pay them for you. Heck, we pay 18%, what's 20% to cover folks who don't pay their bills. Oh yeah - good luck getting decent (or any) financing on anything with lates and closed accounts on your report. Join the ranks of financiall illiterate Americans who need it now, are clueless about money, suck off of responsible America, and cannot think or plan long term financially. (you will want to buy a house one day, right?) But what does that matter - you're flying a jet! It's what you always wanted to do!!!

AZT

PS: Been in the IP, Regional FO and CPT ranks - you can do it without killing your credit.

Debt should be a way to build your credit score, not destroy it.

Crizz said:
Debt should be a way to build your credit score, not destroy it.

That is by far the most uneducated statement I have ever seen written on these boards.

DEBT IS NOT A WAY TO BUILD A CREDIT SCORE!!!

But it sure is a way to destroy it.

I beg to differ. How many millionaire silver spoons have horrible credit? Why? They have always paid cash. If you have never had any debt to show positive payment history with, then how will you ever have "credit"

This forum is the most bipolar bunch of chaps I've ever seen - everyone is always ready to jump down everyone else's throat.

FWIW I have a good amount of debt from college, and have what is considered to be "top box" credit. Just pay your bills on time and good things happen.

Crizz said:
I beg to differ. How many millionaire silver spoons have horrible credit? Why? They have always paid cash. If you have never had any debt to show positive payment history with, then how will you ever have "credit"

This forum is the most bipolar bunch of chaps I've ever seen - everyone is always ready to jump down everyone else's throat.

FWIW I have a good amount of debt from college, and have what is considered to be "top box" credit. Just pay your bills on time and good things happen.

I agree 100% with every word....its amazing isnt it? Some people (not pointing fingers) really love to jump on every opertunity to start an argument.

I too had credit problems when i left the school i was going to because i couldnt afford to live. Bills just packed on top of me and i couldnt do anything. My car kept on braking down and the rent was due. I moved and have just now finnished paying off all my dept (3 years later) so i can go get a loan and finnish my flight training. I have learned SO much about how the system works because of my dept. You have to take on some dept to build your credit in order for your score to go hire. So Crizz is right.

Latest resources

Back