Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no thanks

Steve said:
Three times at the New River Gorge Bridge in BKY West Virginia.

Some of my friends have jumped that Fjord in Norway, that big hole in Mexico that you see in documentarys, the building where House of Blues is in Chicago. Last summer about this time, I watched two of my friends jump a microwave tower at night...that was about 300 feet and it was dark, no moon.

Two times, both at Bridge Day. 800+ feet is plenty low enough.

Have some friends that are really into it. They jumped off the cable cars at Stone Mountain, GA. All were apprehended...

FlyFlyFly said:
Two times, both at Bridge Day. 800+ feet is plenty low enough.

Have some friends that are really into it. They jumped off the cable cars at Stone Mountain, GA. All were apprehended...
Bridge Day is a hoot, ain't it? :) It might be the bunny hill of BASE jumping, but it's still a SPAN!

I did my first water landing under canopy there...couldn't make it to the landing area. On the second jump that day, we "figure eighted" my slider with duct tape and that made all the difference in the world. I was jumping an old "Raider 225" in a Vector sport jumping container, with the old big parachute lines and regular style risers...my slider was packed up on both jumps, but figure eighting it got my canopy open faster and reduced flying drag on the second jump.

It's amazing how much a wet parachute will try to drown you in a river.

Steve said:
Any of you guys done it?

I've made quite a few BASE jumps. It's fun, but you better be damn good at packing a parachute since you don't have a reserve(on most BASE rigs, anyways). I've scared myself a few times, and I don't do the low stuff(below 500') anymore. I've been on a few jumps that allowed me to use my regular skydiving rig due to the height, and even gave me time to chop it and pull the reserve if necessary....but most are done on a Warlock(occasionally a Sorcerer I borrow) container and a Mojo 240 canopy.

Latest resources

Back