• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crashed P51 at Oshkosh

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a question that was recently answered by Flying Magazine. I often wondered what god does with all the money you put in the collection plate at church. It seems according to Gordon Baxter that god owns a 450 hp Stearman.

Yeah, but He's had that for a while. I figure that should be fully paid for by now. I'm just getting worried about Him getting a hankering for Space Ship One.

Might need two collections per week.

Actually I have a friend that flies a Citation X for God (N1JC). Says its a sweet deal - no weekends, no luggage, can bring your spouse on every trip, none of the big three complain about anything, etc. The pay isn't so good but the living expenses in heaven are divinely low and God is apparently more generous with his people than even Oprah. He says that God is rated in the airplane but never wants to sit up front - apparently it's very tiring being God and he usually sleeps in the back. Yes, he does have a 450HP Stearman as well as an Albatross, J3 Cub on skis, and an MD500 - all of which he flies himself as well as letting Baxter, Morgan, and a select other few take the controls now and then.

Sorry, couldn't resist......

Godspeed is...

Somewhere faster than the Speed of Sound, but not as fast as the Speed of Light. (roughly 10kts faster than the Speed of Heat)

Defined as the absolute fastest speed the gate agents can get a boarding door closed...and usually when it's your commuter flight, and you're running to catch it. (So named because you will scream "Gee-sus Kee-riiiist!" when you see the agent walking back up the jetway)

The speed you will run around your house trying to find your #@%& ID badge so you won't sign-in for your trip late...again! (Named for the sincere promise you will make to the Supreme Being if She will only let you find that #$%@ badge!)

Exactly 100kts....if it occurs at the 1-board, you're hydroplaning, the anti-skid is in continuous release, the winds are calm, your F/O isn't, and.....it's MDW! (Named for the flashback of every prayer you have ever uttered, which will include the time you prayed for just one shot at Tammy Hopkins, the cutie who sat behind you in 12th grade History.)

Occam's Razor said:
(Named for the flashback of every prayer you have ever uttered, which will include the time you prayed for just one shot at Tammy Hopkins, the cutie who sat behind you in 12th grade History.)
There was this long legged babe in 10th grade, that used to wear skirts and shoot me beaver shots during Engrish class...couldn't miss it, the desks were arranged opposing, with half on one side of the room and half on the other.

I bet nowdays, she wears a moo-moo and eats bon-bons while watching soaps... :eek:

jbDC9 said:
I think it's just a bit faster that ludicrous speed...
That's unfathomable! :)

(bet you can't say that fast three times while rubbing your head and patting your belly!)

Latest resources

Back