Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yup, thats all i know

do a search there was a thread about this

I am pretty sure that there is a P-51 crash every year at OSH.

EAA- Everyones An Amature.

The P 51 that crashed this year at OSH was doing a missing man formation. According to news reports, the formation was holding for about 15 minutes waiting for the Air Boss to signal for the formation to begin. It is believed that the pilot attempted a roll which was executed improperly and struck the ground. Pics of the crash showed that there wasn't much of the airplane that was left.

pilatus96 said:
I heard that a P51 was crashed this year at oshkosh. Does anyone else know this to be true???

From the NTSB report I get the feeling that he either didn't have his seat belt on or it broke and he fell off his seat while inverted (happend to Hoover once) at the top of the Lazy-8 and couldn't regain control before impact. That or some other form of locked controls. Estimated speed at impact was 350knts.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Prayers to the family.. godspeed to the pilot...

speaking of un-secure belts. Anyone ever have that dream of getting in a plane (usually a C-152 for me)... no doors... with a rush to take off... without securing your belt... heavy turbulence while climbing very rapidly... and trying to secure your belt at like 5,000 feet while trying to control the airplane in severe turbulence without falling out the doorway? I always wake up while hanging on to the strut as the airplane it out of control... trying to get back in...

sorry.. didnt mean to hijack the thread...

RJPilott said:
godspeed to the pilot...
judging by the comments made regarding the size of the impact crater, he was moving fast enough already.

FN FAL said:
judging by the comments made regarding the size of the impact crater, he was moving fast enough already.

FN FAL, I don't care what anybody said. You have a good sense of humor. I should have thought of it first.... Godspeed....lol. I do have a question though how fast is godspeed.

bizijet said:
FN FAL, I don't care what anybody said. You have a good sense of humor. I should have thought of it first.... Godspeed....lol. I do have a question though how fast is godspeed.
I would imagine it's bodaciously fast...

Latest resources

Back