Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wowjack

I love Bro...,but I go RJ
Anyone have some information about a light plane that crashed off the coast of Southern California on Christmas Day? The crash occured around Oceanside, CA by Camp Pendalton. I only heard that one person died and others were rescued from near swimmers and later the Coast Guard. If anyone has any information, please respond. This hits close to home.

SAN ONOFRE – Searchers failed Wednesday to find the body of a man believed to have died along with a woman in the crash of single-engine plane off the Southern California coast.

Divers from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department and other agencies planned to return Thursday to the crash site about three miles south of the San Onofre nuclear plant.

The pilot, Jamul Muhammad of Los Angles, was plucked from the waves by a Coast Guard helicopter after the plane crashed into the ocean about a half-mile off shore late Tuesday. He is recovering at a San Diego hospital.

Celina Muhammad, 29, of Los Angeles died from hypothermia and drowning, according to the San Diego County Medical Examiner's office. She is not related to the pilot, but both attend the same mosque in the Los Angeles area, authorities said.

The woman's husband was the third person in the Cessna 172N and remains missing, said Lt. Ron Van Raaphorst of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

The plane had taken off from Palomar Airport in Carlsbad and was en route to Hawthorne Airport when the pilot reported engine trouble.

from the Union Tribune

Latest resources

Back