Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ShawnC

Skirts Will Rise
Well just saw in the news there was a fatal banner towing crash at Flagler County Airport. According to the ultra short news blurb it looks like he crashed on landing, looks like off of rwy 11. Anyone else gear more about this?

huh?

Flaps that turn the plane....

Another great story from a very intelligent reporter (heavy sarcasm intended!!!!!).

I just saw some pictures on the morning news. Sounds like a split flaps condition.

I've seen that plane many of times, at Flagler, its not exactly the gem of the fleet.

Starchkr:
The News-Journal isn't know for their excellent reporting skills. The media still thinks that if an airplane loses an engine it falls out of the sky, do you think they know what flaps are.

We probally won't know for sure for another year, it seems like the NTSB always takes that long to put out a report. Look at the French connection crash at the same airport, even though they had a video of the incident it took them a year to issue the offical report.

A passenger?

For the company's sake, I hope it was a training flight.

My prayers to the families.

LR25

I guess a Riddle instructor pulled them out of the plane. I haven't heard his story yet though.

Sounded like the Riddle guy only witnessed the event.

Prayers to the family.

keep us updated on the story.

There were a few Riddle guys there.

A1FlyBoy said:
Sounded like the Riddle guy only witnessed the event.

Prayers to the family.

keep us updated on the story.

Flagler is one of the couple of major practice airports in the Daytona Beach area.

Latest resources

Back