• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Crash at Flagler

ShawnC

Skirts Will Rise
Total Time
-5Z
Well just saw in the news there was a fatal banner towing crash at Flagler County Airport. According to the ultra short news blurb it looks like he crashed on landing, looks like off of rwy 11. Anyone else gear more about this?

starchkr

New Bus driver
Total Time
enough
huh?

Flaps that turn the plane....

Another great story from a very intelligent reporter (heavy sarcasm intended!!!!!).

ShawnC

Skirts Will Rise
Total Time
-5Z
I just saw some pictures on the morning news. Sounds like a split flaps condition.

I've seen that plane many of times, at Flagler, its not exactly the gem of the fleet.

Starchkr:
The News-Journal isn't know for their excellent reporting skills. The media still thinks that if an airplane loses an engine it falls out of the sky, do you think they know what flaps are.

We probally won't know for sure for another year, it seems like the NTSB always takes that long to put out a report. Look at the French connection crash at the same airport, even though they had a video of the incident it took them a year to issue the offical report.

LR25

Its just a vintage VW
Total Time
A passenger?

For the company's sake, I hope it was a training flight.

My prayers to the families.

LR25

jaybird

Total Time
3.0+
I guess a Riddle instructor pulled them out of the plane. I haven't heard his story yet though.

A1FlyBoy

Total Time
Enough
Sounded like the Riddle guy only witnessed the event.

Prayers to the family.

keep us updated on the story.

jaybird

Total Time
3.0+
There were a few Riddle guys there.

ShawnC

Skirts Will Rise
Total Time
-5Z
A1FlyBoy said:
Sounded like the Riddle guy only witnessed the event.

Prayers to the family.

keep us updated on the story.

Flagler is one of the couple of major practice airports in the Daytona Beach area.