• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crash at ASE...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I felt like the tower was covering itself. I have rarely heard them be so specific to quiz each aircraft to ensure they had Romeo.

The downdraft that you always get when you pass the ridge on the right on short final can be a handful especially during high wind conditions. Sometimes the updrafts are equally bad. Throttles back and your still accelerating...bumping the flap limitation. I respect that place.

We have all been in this situation. Take the alternate and deal with the BS of diverting when you are safe on the ground. We have been flying into and out of KTEX for the past 15 years and will not land if X-wind is over 15kts . We divert to MTJ atleast 25% of our flights even with owners who are great about delayed home base departures due to bad conditions in the mountains. Xm weather gives you a good weather trend while enroute to the mountains. When weather is questionable we arrange ground transportation for both locations so if have to divert the logistics are already in place.

Let Biff and Muffy drive the hour from RIL and live to see another cocktail party.

Truer words were never spoken. Remember, Rich does not equal Smart. It is our jobs to be the Brains on every flight. It is a pain and I don't like dealing with it anymore than anyone else, but at the end of the day, it is NOT worth lives or dealing with the FAA.

"There but for the Grace of God go I" - John Bradford

Latest resources

Back