• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crappy FBO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirServices KCLE has to be right up there w/ the worst. Bought 1800 gallons......asked for a local paper from the line "dude" (the women behind the desk was to busy talking to her g-friend on the phone) and he says no problem. He walks out to the front and points to a newspaper box. I told him it was OK and we'll make do w/ what we had on board.

"And they think they make it up by putting out a bowl of Jelly Bellys that you have to unwrap one at a time!"

Thank you, I left that one out of my post, they suck the most of all!!!!!! And add Atlantic in PIT to the list with their $700 ramp fee shake-down, for nothing.

TigerDriver said:
signature-EWR, 6.10 a gallon for JetA, no volume discounts, no contract fuel and the girl behind the counter is the biggest piece of new jersey turnpike trash I've ever seen.
alot of mercury dealers are starting to turn into slop holes as well.

not familiar with the CSR you speak of...I just meant EWR seemed to be better than some others in terms of their quickness in getting you what you need to the aircraft.

Murf

FR8FO said:
jet aviation teb
jet aviation bed

Jet TEB...has improved much over the past couple of years. They still need to coordinate better during shift changes.

Jet BED...love them!! I will go there anytime!!

PapaK said:
We just got back from CLT. The only FBO on the field is Wilson Aviation. These airport monopolies are so predictable... When we checked in the night before, I told them that I wanted the aircraft on the line at 1800 with a fuel truck standing by. When we got to the airport at 1745, the aircraft was buried, half a mile across the ramp. After 3 or 4 increasingly urgent prompts, it was finally on the line at 1825. This with 5 ramp guys sitting on their asses in front of us.

this reminds me of Landmark @ IAD when you're there for several hours but they immediately tow you out to the runup block at the approach end of 19R (a billion miles away) and never put you on line at the requested time.

murfdawg998 said:
this reminds me of Landmark @ IAD when you're there for several hours but they immediately tow you out to the runup block at the approach end of 19R (a billion miles away) and never put you on line at the requested time.

murfdawg,

I used to work at Landmark IAD back in the Piedmont Hawthorne days. Way way way back in the day (like prior to 9/11/01) Signature DCA handled a vast majority of the traffic headed to Capitol Hill.

Then, overnight, DCA closed to GA traffic, but we all know that. However, Landmark's ramp didn't increase in size overnight, and getting the 19R runup block from the airport authority was the only thing we could do. We also utilize the "Cargo 6" area by FedEX for larger aircraft, and occasionally, we used a ramp next to the "G" airline gates -- by runway 30. So, your hike could be worse.

Landmark handles arrivals and departures all day, rather continuously. Their problem is that they have only about fifteen spots (the first three rows) that are rather useful for parking arriving aircraft. You can't park an arriving aircraft on the runup block when it is full, nor can you park it in the last row where we tail airplanes up to the ditch.

The place is a nuthouse at 1700. You've got guys coming in on quick turns, and you've got everybody and their brother who was there for the day waiting to pick the boss up and get out of there. Those "prime" parking spots can't be help up for more than about an hour each. When you guys say "get me on the line at four" you're sitting there at five, six, and sometimes still seven. If we let everybody do that, we'd have no place for an arriving aircraft on a quick turn.

I know the runup block arrangement sucks. We're paying guys to tow airplanes all day long, and we're paying guys to drive the courtesy van. If we could cut down on our labor costs, I'm sure management would do it in a heartbeat. You're stuck out there not because the ramp guys are lazy (FWIW, they have a very hands-on manager who works outside in the afternoon) but because we have about 70 departable spots, and about 15 arrival slots. Any good departure spot is also an arrival spot.

I know you guys won't stop compalining about it, because it sucks. But, the truth is, it's a logistical necessity with the ramp space that they have.

Aero Indusrty in RIC

Was there today and stopped in because Merc Fuel was the cheapest. BIG MISTAKE

Took the crew car (141,000 miles) totally shoot, holes in all the seats, windows didn't work and smelled of an ashtray. Worst part was 2 miles from the FBO overheated smoking and ended up on the side of the road. Called the boss to tell him we were moving to Million Air and meet us there (expecting a suck it up crybaby) and was told his Caddy had no AC talk about pissed off. Went back to the FBO and even the crew lounge TV contols basshed in no cable and once again smelled of an ashtray. The owner stopped us on the ramp and asked us not to leave and said he would give us a ride over to Richmond Jet (which he also owned) He tried to make it right by giving us his Cady all day but when you rub 2 full page adds in AcuQuick i would think you could spend a little more on the facility. NEVER AGAIN

SJF:

Thanks for taking the time to spell it out for us. We as pilots ( and I'm sure you are one) just need a reason to Biatch and moan. And very busy FBO's just provide a very easy target.
And you are right, I am guilty as most of telling you to get me ready at 4, and the boss arrives at 7.
No good excuse, but I would have planned my dinner based on 4, and now I'm hungry, and cranky.
Nawww, I'm cranky all the time, but I'm still hungry.
Do the best you can, I'll adapt.

Hung

Latest resources

Back