• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Cranky Flier: SWA continues Cutting ATL, DL must be thrilled

scoreboardII

Total Time
xxxxxx
I had two days off for Turkey day bout 11 years ago, guys behind me had Xmas new year week off. It can and has been done.

redflyer65

Total Time
Yes, training does take place over the holidays. Most of the PC's are pushed off because that requires company check airmen. But regular ground classes and specifically PT's are usually on going because the Training Center instructors have to be there..working.

737tanker

Total Time
22000+
I highly doubt they're going to train over Thanksgiving and Christmas, not for full initial indoc and sims at any rate.
When I did my New Hire training my class, and the class that started before and after mine, did train over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Granted we did get those days off but we trained on the days before and after.