• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
Craig Ferguson Show Last Night: Slams CAL, Praises DAL

(Once this comes up on YouTube, someone needs to show the airline CEOs, since he is stating the obvious regarding how the public feels about commuters...not to mention the fact that no matter WHAT you try to do, the public will ALWAYS see express as "Continental Airlines" or whatever so it reflects on the major airline). (same could have happened if DL commuter, so not airline specific)
-------------------------------
Applicable to topic at:

:24 - 4:43

21:02 - 21:31

24:12 - 24:45

56:17 - 59:14

http://www.livedash.com/transcript/the_late_late_show_with_craig_ferguson/5/KPIX/Tuesday_December_15_2009/122304/
(transcript)

Last edited:
Saw it. We deserved everything he said. So sick of these RJ cities passing themselves off as "Continental" but that is this industry now. Passing it along to our CEO trust me...

Last edited:
You gotta admit he summed up the reality of code sharing pretty well.
All airline management should be required to watch that.

It might be a fundamental turning point when the dissatisfaction with your product starts to seep into the cultural mindset in this way. Not a good sign. Completely deserved. CAL offers about as whittled down product as you can have and still recognize it. You paid for a seat, there it is, there's nothing more. Props when you expected a jet. Small jet when you expected a big jet. A voucher when you expected a seat. Isn't that what a reservation is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S67oEll2Azs

Last edited:
It might be a fundamental turning point when the dissatisfaction with your product starts to seep into the cultural mindset in this way. Not a good sign. Completely deserved. CAL offers about as whittled down product as you can have and still recognize it. You paid for a seat, there it is, there's nothing more. Props when you expected a jet. Small jet when you expected a big jet. A voucher when you expected a seat. Isn't that what a reservation is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S67oEll2Azs

awesome...I'm not big on Seinfeld but great clip :)

Who's Craig Ferguson? I've never heard of him? A comedian?

Celebrating 1000th episode
http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3724

"Scottish-born comedian Craig Ferguson is preparing to celebrate the 1000th episode of CBS' The Late Late Show later tonight (or is that early tomorrow morning?), and to commemorate the auspicious occasion we've decided to offer up a couple of very funny videos in this article that showcase the late night host and comedian at his [almost] best.

Ferguson took over the show from Craig Kilborn in 2005 and it's been a straight up rise to the top ever since, with most polls voting Ferguson the best late night talk show host in either the 11:30pm or 12:30am time slot.

Expect Tuesday's episode to be raucous and typical of Ferguson's irreverent, perspicacious delivery. "Those incorrigible bags o' fun, 'The Late Late Show' puppets, will take over the show for the 1000th episode," CBS said in a news release.

"Wavy, the crocodile puppet, will serve as the host of the show as he welcomes guests Kristen Bell, Maria Bello and Jason Schwartzman. The musical guest is a performance of 'Dracula's Lament' by Jason Segel with his puppet, Dracula, from the film 'Forgetting Sarah Marshal' and the band The Broken West."
...Ferguson is the best thing to happen to late night talk since Johnny Carson.

We're expecting more treats will be in store, too.

Why are we so stoked, you ask? Because Ferguson is the best thing to happen to late night talk since Johnny Carson. Really. This guy could do the whole show by himself with no guests. And that should tell you something. But don't take our word for it. Watch Ferguson below..." (****AT LINK ABOVE***)

Last edited:
Well, I wanted to see the "Late Show" but got the "Late Late Show" with Craig Ferguson, WTF is up with that... To me this guy carries no credibility, as he is nothing more than an entertainer, a court jester, on par with Bozo the Clown. However I will say, he is right about this one. My point: too bad we can't get people with more clout and credibility to see this, no one is going to listen to this guy with a straight face.

Well, I wanted to see the "Late Show" but got the "Late Late Show" with Craig Ferguson, WTF is up with that... To me this guy carries no credibility, as he is nothing more than an entertainer, a court jester, on par with Bozo the Clown. However I will say, he is right about this one. My point: too bad we can't get people with more clout and credibility to see this, no one is going to listen to this guy with a straight face.

Well of course he is an entertainer, I don't think he would disagree with you at all. The sad thing is your discription also fits people like Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh, yet some people actually think they are journalists!

Latest resources

Back