• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CPL - Time to complete?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, it’s definitely not the same place then; which is a good thing. Anyhow, as others have mentioned, a change of instructor I think at this point would probably be a good idea. Among other things, a different instructor will bring a new perspective and they will likely give you some new insight on how to improve in the areas that you’re finding most challenging. Plus, by having a change of instructor it will hopefully wipe away some, or, all of that negative energy and frustration that you seem to have built up toward your present instructor; energy which would be better focused toward acing the maneuvers that you need demonstrate on the checkride.

Don't get me wrong, I like my instructor. He is a bit abrasive, a little acerbic in an avbug kind of way, but he is a no BS kind of guy and he knows his stuff. I suspect my main problem is I'm not flying often enough, which is why I thought an accelerated program might be better. How long did the commercial take you all?

If I recall correctly I started mid-January and was finished by I think March 6th. Not sure of the dates are exact, but it was something like that. I usually flew twice a week, but sometimes more.

Don't get me wrong, I like my instructor. He is a bit abrasive, a little acerbic in an avbug kind of way, but he is a no BS kind of guy and he knows his stuff. I suspect my main problem is I'm not flying often enough, which is why I thought an accelerated program might be better. How long did the commercial take you all?
Liking your instructor is important. Feeling that you are getting your money's worth for the instruction is also important.

My commercial took 10 hours of training, including the 3.6 hours of instrument instruction that I needed to qualify for the Limited Commercial.

Fly safe!

David

Latest resources

Back