• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coyote Works flight kit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look at the leather flight bag offered by crewgear.com. Leather rapped around a steal frame. Skid plates along the bottom and $100 less than Scotts or Coyote Works. Fits well in the 737,wears like iron.

PHXFLYR

They did talk me out of getting the saddle style bag which I'm glad they did b/c on the 737 (300 especially) that handle would probably get chewed up by seat adjustment levers, etc.

They did the exact same for me. Like you, I am very glad I took their advice. Great bag.

What happened to the Purdy leather bags? I bought one back in '99 and will probably be using it another 20 years--I bought one for my wife a few weeks ago and it is a POS--poor quality leather, poor finish, repositioned insides that means you can either have glasses case #2 or the maglite, but not both (if you want the lid to close)...wtf?

I totally agree with you. I had bought a Purdy leather bag after hearing great things about it, but it died on me after about two years. Huge POS and waste of money.

I've had my PNS kit back for 7 years now, dad bought it for me when I upgraded on the 727.

It's getting a little long in the tooth so I was shopping for a new one. It was the leather/nylon mix, great quality, just looking really beat up in the leather part these days and sagging in one corner.

The new ones aren't made with the same materials, I think they skimp a lot these days. But I'm not paying $300 bucks for a freaking bag I only use at work...

Do you have to pay for your own flight bags at CAL?

We got ours free the first day of class at ExpressJet.

I think most airlines give them to new hires.

Last edited:

Well, considering what you pay your new-hires, I'm surprised they don't pay for housing the entire first year, 24/7 per diem, as well as the cost of ALL uniforms, dry cleaning, and luggage, including your suitcase.

I mean... it's the LEAST they could do since you're entering indentured servitude for a few years until you upgrade...

Well, considering what you pay your new-hires, I'm surprised they don't pay for housing the entire first year, 24/7 per diem, as well as the cost of ALL uniforms, dry cleaning, and luggage, including your suitcase.

Methinks Pocono is just stirring the pot. Otherwise I need to file a pay claim.

I think most airlines give them to new hires.

Does XJT even still do this? Don't think so.

The last time I was around an XJT new-hire class the Coyote Works guys were there pimping their wares vs. "going out and buying a Scott or Office Depot special."

Latest resources

Back