Couple Netjets Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FL450 said:
Actually, they could start by announcing the closing the bottom 5 Gateways when this TA is voted down. The 180 day clock would begin ticking. That might also put some pressure on the rest of the Gateway users who might fear the same for them.

I'm not advocating yes votes. I'm just trying to be a realist and look the possible scenarios square in the face without false bravado. Don't think for a moment that this isn't going to get ugly. Just be prepared for it.
Going to get ugly???!!! Its ALREADY ugly.

I really fear for the future of this company. Any kind of gateway threat is going to trigger a massive reaction. This reaction would destroy the company. The level of hatred would make it impossible for the company to continue doing business.

1800 pilots will not resign. 1800 pilots will not airline themselves to their remaining Gateways. We will not be released for a 30 day cooling off period any time soon. We cannot legally strike until that 30 day period is given by the Mediator.

As I said, this needs to be viewed seriously. As for newhires, you have to ask yourselves if you really understand what you'd be walking into.

How can they shut down gateways if the TA does not pass? Aren't the gateways in the current contract? If they are, wouldn't that be a breach of the contract?

Per the current Gateway LOU, the Company can close any or all of the Gateways with 180 days notice.

Ouch, not much security there. That's scary that they can threaten like that.

Closing the gateways would be seen as a change in the status quo and the mediator would put a stop to it.

Actually, it would not be a status quo issue. They have always retained the right to close a Gateway with 180 day notice. The Gateway LOU protects that right for them. It is not a new form of business or a way of changing business.

The "they will close the gateways if we vote no" line is a crock of sh!t.

Let's assume for a second that this is even a remote possibility.

What would happen?

ummm.... I aint moving to CMH so I guess I will miss my show time. Multiply me times what? I dunno 1300+ (don't know how many CMH guys there are) pilots who aren't gonna be moving. My guess is when they get their brief for a 6am show at Bridgeway and say the old "I will try my best to make it", they aren't gonna make it.

It can't happen. I mean they could threaten it, but it can't happen.

Everyone wouldn't have to quit. They would all have to be fired for failure to report for duty. Thats easy-- hardly takes any effort at all.

Since we are talking fantasy here anyway, lets look at the other side of the fantasy coin. Everyone DOES move or commute to CMH. ( suspension of disbelief is getting tricky now) Would the CMH infrastructure support the people movement necessary?? I dunno, I am asking.

My point is its an unworkable idea that would hurt the company more than us. Its a threat thats not even worth listening to.

Latest resources

Back